Cracking Shinkos

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I noticed some cracking on my front shinko. They are very tiny, hairline cracks. They seem to only be in the center groove, the rest of the tire looks fine. The tires were purchased in May and only have around 1K miles on them. I purchased them from Motorycycle Superstore.

Anyone has a simialar issue? Do you think it is worth persuing the issue with the retailer? I know its not their fault but I don't want this tire to end up being a worthless POS with all kinds of tread on it.

i think mine has similar stuff. i'll let ya know later.

shinkos kinda are u get what u pay for ya know? ME880's are probably the best go for.

if ur oversized, they typically won't even look at 'em, even if its unrelated.

I'll take a look at mine and respond later as well. I've got about 2000 miles on mine and haven't noticed anything yet, but didn't look at where you're describing very closely.

I have ~4000 miles on mine so I'll take a look tonight too. It's been maitaining pressure well so far, I keep it at 34/35 psi.

With all my past bikes, Iv`e always used dunlop or continental tires and never had these problems but, my front tire which was a metzler had cracks all the way around on both sides but, I think that came from sitting too long in the P.O.`s garage or, the road salt up in the mtns.(where I bought it from):hmmm: but, nothing down the middle (sounds dangerous tho.)
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

yea mike mine has 'em. holds pressure fine. i think its a testament to the quality of the tires...

i need a new rear soon (and myabe front) might goto ME880

+1 on the ME 880's. I put a set on mine and have about 4k miles on them. Still look as good as the day that they were new. Excellent traction also.

Back