Crate Motors? Engine Kits?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dethklok

Reaction score
Ok so it may be a bit too soon to be snooping around for one...but anyone know where I can get a new V-Max engine?

short answer is no... its too new to be available used really.

A yamaha dealer parts counter would be a good start. id be curious what one costs.

Interestingly, i dont think it will ever be as plentiful as the old vmax.... with yamaha making the venture/vmax motors with similar parts and castings, the total volume was very high...

And while im on the subject..... i cant help be feel that the new max ...even at 200hp....is way below its potential. Opening up the heads and better cam timing may take away some low down torque but i bet she pushes up on 240 with the right heads, cam and computer work. The displacment is already way huge and no need to punch it out yet (which wouldnt be easy or cheap...no cylinder liners in this puppy)

It would be cool if yamaha made available some race parts... its all starts to sound like a power kit...like the warrior has in the catalogue...

I figured the chances of finding an engine out of a new gen would be slim to none, but I had to ask. Im def going to ask the local yami dealers about it, but more than likely they will be way out of my price range.

I guess I'll have to fall back on an older V-Max engine, not that they are any kind of slouch.

I figured the chances of finding an engine out of a new gen would be slim to none, but I had to ask. Im def going to ask the local yami dealers about it, but more than likely they will be way out of my price range.

I guess I'll have to fall back on an older V-Max engine, not that they are any kind of slouch.

Just curious as to why you are looking for a new engine? Did you blow yours up already? And why wouldn't it be under the 2 year warranty?

And while im on the subject..... i cant help be feel that the new max ...even at 200hp....is way below its potential. Opening up the heads and better cam timing may take away some low down torque but i bet she pushes up on 240 with the right heads, cam and computer work. The displacment is already way huge and no need to punch it out yet (which wouldnt be easy or cheap...no cylinder liners in this puppy)

It would be cool if yamaha made available some race parts... its all starts to sound like a power kit...like the warrior has in the catalogue...

They already have a race only CPU that is rumored to increase the HP to around 240 for $849.95, part #2s3-h59b0-V0-00. Stock it already boils the hide all through first gear and probably through second if you are leaning forward. Anymore HP and it may damn near become unstreetable.

I am not sure what a stock '09 engine would cost from Yamaha, but I would bet its close to the cost of a new 2007 1st Gen Max.

They already have a race only CPU that is rumored to increase the HP to around 240 for $849.95, part #2s3-h59b0-V0-00. Stock it already boils the hide all through first gear and probably through second if you are leaning forward. Anymore HP and it may damn near become unstreetable.

I am not sure what a stock '09 engine would cost from Yamaha, but I would bet its close to the cost of a new 2007 1st Gen Max.

I find it hard to believe that changing out the CPU could produce almost 50 more HP.:ummm: I had heard that the race CPU basically lifted the top speed limitation. :confused2:

I didnt blow one up...yet lol Im lookin into the V-Max engine for a project, Ide love to have one of the new ones but with a whole bike costing around 18k I doubt they will let the engines go for cheap...anyone have a good friend at a yamaha dealer? lol

Actually, I heard the engines were quite cheap, like 16K! LOL, J/K.

You should see about picking up one of the motors on the new Max's that got trashed - the demo models. Fix one up and there you go.

I find it hard to believe that changing out the CPU could produce almost 50 more HP.:ummm: I had heard that the race CPU basically lifted the top speed limitation. :confused2:

It would be possible, just depends on how conservative the timing, fuel curves and other settings are from the factory. Hell, maybe the stock drive-by-wire throttle setting only opens the TBs to 80% when at WOT. The HP and TQ are probably electronically neutered somewhere. The 240 horse was just something I read cruising the net, but for $850.00 I would hope that it does more than raise the speed limiter.

Considering that a litre (998cc) motor with this kind of technology makes around 180 HP these days, I would have thought that 240 HP wouldn't be out of line for a 1679cc, would you?

Actually, I heard the engines were quite cheap, like 16K! LOL, J/K.

You should see about picking up one of the motors on the new Max's that got trashed - the demo models. Fix one up and there you go.

At Biketoberfest, one of the Yammy reps was saying all those test bikes are going back to the factory for R&D.

Yes I do wish I worked for yamaha R&D they always get the sweet hand me downs.

Assuming I could get ahold of a demo's engine, how would I go about finding one? Ask Yamaha directly?

Back