Crush Washer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouchez

Reaction score
I have been changing my crush washer when I change the oil on Max and it just dawned on me as I was doing it tonight,, on the crush washer does the rounded or flat side face up when threading the drain bolt into the engine.

Maybe a stupid question but it hit me out of the blue this evening:ummm:

Washer part number is 214-11198-01.

Thanks

O

I have been changing my crush washer when I change the oil on Max and it just dawned on me as I was doing it tonight,, on the crush washer does the rounded or flat side face up when threading the drain bolt into the engine.

Maybe a stupid question but it hit me out of the blue this evening:ummm:

Washer part number is 214-11198-01.

Thanks

O

I believe I usually put flat side on bolt so rounded side hits the pan. Not sure if it is right or wrong

Mine doesn't have a crush washer. I'm guessing it should?

Never leaked a drop of oil (from there, anyway).

You probably have one and do not realize it. I never replaced mine for the first 3 years, didn't realize I should.:surprise:

O

Mine doesn't have a crush washer. I'm guessing it should?

Never leaked a drop of oil (from there, anyway).
Haven't replaced mine either, never leaks. Doesn't look like a crush washer but may have been crushed so many times that its about flat:rofl_200:

Very rarely ever change the crush washers myself. Not usually needed. The do end up flat!

Sean

do you just get a reg replacement dan or yami part? been waiting to see a drop to know when to chg mine, nothing yet but i know its gonna happen so thought id keep a couple on the shelf...... next to the filters lol

i change mine every time, figure the $.97 is worth not having to pull the plug if its leaking oil to fix it and potentially waste $20 in oil then.

i also have the morley magnetic plug special. no idea what bike its from but it works great.

I believe I usually put flat side on bolt so rounded side hits the pan. Not sure if it is right or wrong

I believe it should be just the opposite for these reasons...

The crush washer has a hard flat surface and a softer crushable surface. The flat hard surface goes toward the engine oil pan (as this surface is milled flat at the factory). Now since the oil drain bolt is forged so it may not be perfectly flat. This is where the crushable side of the washer deforms it self to match any imperfections and create the seal.

I believe it should be just the opposite for these reasons...

The crush washer has a hard flat surface and a softer crushable surface. The flat hard surface goes toward the engine oil pan (as this surface is milled flat at the factory). Now since the oil drain bolt is forged so it may not be perfectly flat. This is where the crushable side of the washer deforms it self to match any imperfections and create the seal.

no arguments here. awesome almost 2 year bump too!

Latest posts

Back