CTS Cadillac V-VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one ever said the CTS is a sports car, nor is it meant to be.

When I see it I see a modern day American Hot Rod but with exceptional handling.

But the list of of sports cars and supercars which it is faster on a road course is really quite astounding to me.

I don't think there is asingle sports car on this list that is faster than the CTS-V that costs anywhere close to the same or less than the Caddy, I think all the ones in the same price range or cheaper are slower than the Caddy, but I only got so much time so could be wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times

Yeah, I know, wikki, but it ain't all bullshit

The CTS-V 4 Door weighing 4000lb+ did Nurburgring in 7:59; fastest production sedan in the world on that course, and faster than most "sports cars"

The Corvette C6 ZR1 (which by the way costs around half again as much as the Caddy) did it in an exceptional record shattering 7:22 for it's class.

I haven't found a time for the new CTS-V two door yet, I'm sure it's faster, it weighs around 3800lbs.

The Corvette weighs around 3150lbs, exceptionally light, most "sports cars" and Supercars are in the 3300-3800 lb range.

At 4000lbs the 4 door CTS-V making breaking records on the road course tend to weaken any argument that it's a "bloated sedan"

Of course it isn't faster than a Vette......

If you don't like Sedans then there's no getting away from that.

I feel the same way 'bout Vette's, an irrational dislike simply because there are simply so many of them and the stereotype attached to them is middle aged or old guy in mid life crisis trying to get laid, I bet more old guys with enough money to buy their first Vette probably piss thier pants when they go past 80 too :rofl_200::rofl_200:......lol

How I feel about them doesn't take away from what they are, whcih is an exceptionally outstanding car that has been handing supercars thier asses for the last ten years or so for half or even less the money...
:punk:
The CTS-V

Sedan it is, and always will be, it will never be a sports car..................... even if it can stomp the shit out of a good percentage of cars that meet that qualification in a straight line or on a road course...........

.Which is what makes it so cool..................

It's also pretty damn cool that GM is performing these feats with both cars at fractions of the price compared to their competitors,

That doesn't make it everyones cup of tea tho'

To be honest I'd never drive either. As you said Vettes have that stigma of "mid life crisis guy with a bad comb-over" and caddy's have the stigma of being for taking geriatrics to church and then to the diner for brunch.

If I was to blow a big wad of cash on a sports car I'd have a Lotus Exige. It's one of the best handling cars in the world, and costs a "reasonable" $65k(or $75k if you want the supercharger). Not bad by import-sports-car standards. But it's also a fantastic looking car. Not like all the generic M3's and vettes out there. It's also got an engine designed by Yamaha in it(built by Toyota), so you know it'll be awesome and last forever.

To be honest I'd never drive either. As you said Vettes have that stigma of "mid life crisis guy with a bad comb-over" and caddy's have the stigma of being for taking geriatrics to church and then to the diner for brunch.

If I was to blow a big wad of cash on a sports car I'd have a Lotus Exige. It's one of the best handling cars in the world, and costs a "reasonable" $65k(or $75k if you want the supercharger). Not bad by import-sports-car standards. But it's also a fantastic looking car. Not like all the generic M3's and vettes out there. It's also got an engine designed by Yamaha in it(built by Toyota), so you know it'll be awesome and last forever.

Just loooked at the Lotus, pretty damn awesome for sure. 2000lbs and 243 w/ the S/C'er.

That things gotta be stupid fast.

For handling & performance, I liked borrowing my son's Honda S2000 until his father-in-law borrowed it & blew the engine. Now we are looking into-what to do, I am in-favor of a new short block & a re-done head, it had ~75K when it met its untimely end. I think it's one of the few cars which has an intake/valvetrain which can compare w/a Vmax's, between its 9000 rpm redline & the VTEC. The sound is similar!

I always liked the looks of the Lotus Europa, one of my fire/rescue co-workers had both a Europa and a Shelby GT500, a 1968 he bought new after working as a steelworker for two summers in high school.

Lotus has always made their own way. I first saw Jimmy Clark race his F1 Lotus-Ford at Watkins Glen in 1964 & have a bunch of Kodacolor prints to prove it. Graham Hill won in a BRM, still one of my favorite drivers, ever.

Latest posts

Back