Cycle One Off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOTHEMAX

Reaction score
Has anybody done business with CYCLE ONE OFF? What was your experience with Tom (The Owner)! I ordered over $1000.00 worth of stuff from this guy almost three months ago and still have not seen my stuff. Just wondered if anyone has had the same experience?:bang head:

I purchased the monster tach setups he has. The price was close to 800, and thats alot of money for me...
So I called frequently.

I stayed in touch with him via phone and email, and he either called me back quickly, or emailed the same day.

Maybe my persistence paid off, as I had a product within a week.

If I were you, I would have been harping on him within the first two weeks, and not wait for 3 months...no offense.

Chris

Has anybody done business with CYCLE ONE OFF? What was your experience with Tom (The Owner)! I ordered over $1000.00 worth of stuff from this guy almost three months ago and still have not seen my stuff. Just wondered if anyone has had the same experience?:bang head:

The only expierence I have had with Tom at Cycleone was a smooth transaction.
I ordered a spin on oil filter adapter from him. He answered his phone call and I recieved the part 3 days later

I haven't made the purchase yet but I recently (two weeks ago) had several questions about his wheels. I e-mailed him twice - with several questions per e-mail - and both times he answered completely, professionally, in writing, within hours. I plan to buy from him soon when I get a little more $$$ together.

Much better response from him than say...John at Sportmax!:whistlin:

I have called and e-mailed John to order a seat and still no response from him either way:confused2:.

I ordered a Rear Brake Stay from them and after a week or so, called to see where it was. Tom said he thought it had shipped but turned out it had not. It came a few days later. Pays to keep after them.

John from Sportmax has been away from the shop lately. I'm after him for a seat, too. He doesn't seem to check his emails or have anyone else do it when he's a away. heck of a way to do business but it must work, the wait for a Sportmax seat is at least six months. I've been on the list since last October.

He makes great stuff but if it's not in stock you will wait half a life time for them.

My problem has been his lack of emailing me back with an ETA. I run a web store so I know what it takes to keep business... That AIN'T it!

Chris

P.S. He's a member here so beware!:whistlin:

I've done two transactions with cycle one off and they both went fine other than their shipping was a little slow,took about two weks to get it.

Rusty

I have kept in contact with him and he seemed like he always had an excuse why the stuff was not ready! He told me two weeks ago that the stuff had shipped and I still have not seen anything! I guess I will continue to hound him! Thanks guys

Funny you should ask.After ordering the top mount Oil pressure gauge and waiting 2 weeks I finally called.He stated it was sent on the prior Thursday but he would send another one just in case and if I get the original and second backup to send it back postage paid.Well I got the second one but not the original whish tells me he dropped the ball on shipping and lied about it.
Once a liar always a liar.
All he had to do was tell me he forgot to send it and I would have been good.
But when someone pisses on my leg and tells me it's raining then I have a problem.
Will not order again.

I ordered a mount for my raptor shift light, I got it a few days later. Transaction was smooth as silk.

how bout an update on this?

I have had two experiences with Tom. The first, an oil pressure gauge... no problems. Received in good time, no discount refunded as per the web site statment. The second a shiftlight and bracket. Ok, the bracket had to be made. No e-mail updates, I had to do the follow-ups. Ordered & paid for it on March 2nd, it shipped somewhere around April 16th. Discount refunded on April 28th (8.5%??). Not sure I'll be doing much more business in that direction. The quality of work & products is good but lacks any sense of customer service. Good products don't sell themselves without good service.

Last edited:
I have had two experiences with Tom. The first, an oil pressure gauge... no problems. Received in good time, no discount refunded as per the web site statment. The second a shiftlight and bracket. Ok, the bracket had to be made. No e-mail updates, I had to do the follow-ups. Ordered & paid for it on March 2nd, it shipped somewhere around April 16th. Discount refunded on April 28th (8.5%??). Not sure I'll be doing much more business in that direction. The quality of work & products is good but lacks any sense of customer service. Good products don't sell themselves without good service.

That's been my experience too. I waited over a month for crash bungs!:damn angry:

Mitchell (Clay) waited even longer!:confused2:

HEyyyyy! what mount for the Raptor? Do share! PLEASE!

It's a bit heavy as it's made of steel but it clamps on to the handle bar and then you mount the light into it. The paint sucks too. It's not powder coated.:damn angry:

Not sure you can see it in this picture.

Attachments

• Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    Vmax done #4 9-11-07.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 32
Nope... sure cant!
But that's ok, If your not giving it a total thumbs up, I'll pass!

Ever price the black speedo cover on your bike? They're over 100 bucks last I checked compared to 30 something for the chrome ones. I decided to NOT drill holes in my stocker. I like the holder but the paint is schitt and it doesn't clamp it very well. Not that it's loose but it just doesn't look right. Better than nothing though.

Ever price the black speedo cover on your bike? They're over 100 bucks last I checked compared to 30 something for the chrome ones. I decided to NOT drill holes in my stocker. I like the holder but the paint is schitt and it doesn't clamp it very well. Not that it's loose but it just doesn't look right. Better than nothing though.

I didn't drill my speedo cover or attach my raptor to it.
I made a tiny bracket and attached it to the little plastic clamp that came with the raptor, and mounted it in the grove of the turn signal cowling thingy!

Pingel makes some pretty nice handlebar mounts that might could be used for the raptor; very high quality polished billet alum.

Rusty

Back