Daytona Bike Week 2013

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the info for the Meet & Greets.
If anyone wishes to add anything Please let me know and I will be happy to add to them.

Pirana's Grille in Ormond Bch on 3/14/13 Thursday Night at 6:30pm
Boxenstopp in Holly Hill on 3/16/13 Saturday at 11:00am
And as always Steve offers a free beverage and VIP parking to any VMOA Member that comes to the World Famous Iron Horse Saloon. (Prior Notice to arrival required for VIP Parking)

If anyone is looking for a Good place to camp during Bike Week. WE have always had the best location at the Holiday Travel Park.
Holiday Travel Park Co-op, Inc
2261 South Old Dixie Hwy
Bunnell, Fl 32110
1-386-437-9589

I am at this time planning on going up to Daytona On Thursday and staying at the Holiday Travel Park. But there is still a slight chance I will have to go to New Mexico. So I may have to cancel at the last moment

I know I will be heading up for most of the day on Thursday during bike week. Unfortunately as of right now I will be the only VMAX in that group. I am hoping to be sporting a new tail light and pipes as well at that point.

What kind of pipes did you put on your bike Tex85

Picked up a Marks 4:2 in stainless with turn down tips on the end. I'll post pics once they are installed, should be up and running with them on Friday.

I was kicking around getting a pair of stockers that were in good shape, but after hearing everyone's different pipes at tech day a few weeks ago I was sold.

I'm going Friday and Saturday 15th and 16th. Theres still rooms, thaught about camping but I'm gettin to old for that shit. I'd really like to get a chance to participate in the Indian Spring Dash. My Vmax, 2 laps on Daytona Speedway..I'd prolly break my jaw smiling!
z|n

Picked up a Marks 4:2 in stainless with turn down tips on the end. I'll post pics once they are installed, should be up and running with them on Friday.
You gonna love the sound of your bike with those pipes on it.

I'm going Friday and Saturday 15th and 16th. Theres still rooms, thaught about camping but I'm gettin to old for that shit. I'd really like to get a chance to participate in the Indian Spring Dash. My Vmax, 2 laps on Daytona Speedway..I'd prolly break my jaw smiling!
z|n

They got a thing where you can run your bike out on the track?!?!?!?!?

Damn.......Another thing to ADD to the bucket list!!....This list is still going in the WRONG direction!!........

DAYTONA 2014???....Could happen..............keep play'n that lottery ticket I guess......

They got a thing where you can run your bike out on the track?!?!?!?!?

Damn.......Another thing to ADD to the bucket list!!....This list is still going in the WRONG direction!!........

DAYTONA 2014???....Could happen..............keep play'n that lottery ticket I guess......
WOW, I would be very interested in this also!
INFO: http://www.officialbikeweek.com/
1801 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach
386-254-2700
~5PM – Ride your own motorcycle for two laps around Daytona International Speedway, following the DAYTONA 200 - 1-800-PIT-SHOP

if i do go, it'll more likely be by cage and just for a few hours to show off the spectacle to my brother-in-law and his family. i'll be the one next to the drunk frenchy causing a riot.

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

There only picking 400 entrys..thats alot! I'll sign up this saturday, I was given 2 tickets for the ama supercross, so we'll cruize up for that then go back friday for the 200 on sat. and cross my fingers legs and toes that they pull my ticket for the dash!

My buddy & I went every year for 17 years, then life got in the way. Last year we went in my truck & still had a blast, stayed w/a friend in Melbourne & commuted TH-SA & returned to So. FL on SU.

I am trying really-hard to go there w/a bike, but I don't want to take my FZR1000 in all the stop & go traffic, and I am trying to get my VMax ready instead. My tentative plan is to "out-noise" the Harleys, as I have a secret weapon from Jon Cornell! All those "rompin'-stompin'" Harleys are gonna be turning green when I pull-up next to them and they hear what I have for them! I am not a fan of loud pipes, but Daytona calls-for a different mindset, at-least for the week.

My tentative plan is to "out-noise" the Harleys, as I have a secret weapon from Jon Cornell! All those "rompin'-stompin'" Harleys are gonna be turning green when I pull-up next to them and they hear what I have for them! I am not a fan of loud pipes, but Daytona calls-for a different mindset, at-least for the week.

Definitely grab some video of this! Then they can see what they have been missing between their legs! :rofl_200:

ugh ugh ugh. you guys are not making it easy for me to decide against driving maxxy boy up. would love to hear FM and Tex go vroom vroom

I am shooting for Thursday during bike week if that helps you at all Ninjaneer and I'll be stuck with a bunch of guys on Harleys... :bang head:

At least on this outing I will have some pipes worth listening to. I have been tinkering around witch change the cosmetics on the bike as well (nothing permanent at this point since it has all been done with plastidip and various top coat combinations). I think I should just load up some bike pics in photoshop and tinker digitally, it would definitely be more cost and time efficient!

Starting to learn what the mod monkey is all about and it looks like he could soon get out of hand.

Well, I took my bike for a bit of a ride today & it seems to be doing better than it did before I spent my $$ on it, so I am happy.

The likelihood of going to Day-tona is looking better, if I consider being able to use my VMax as a reason to go there. And, the H-D boys are going to be awfully-disappointed when they hear my sonic-salute to Yamaha's engineering wizardry. No potato-potato for this rider!

To take my shake-down run, I went w/a fellow retiree from fire-rescue who is a Harley Big Twin rider, and after we got to my friend Steve's shop in Dania Beach FL, he told me, "I'm not gonna ride w/you any-more that exhaust is too frickin'-loud!":rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200::clapping::punk:
If you can make a Harley rider complain about "loud exhausts," you've got to be doing something right. Steve, the shop owner, said,"We heard you leaving the light," which is about a mile from the shop.:biglaugh::clapping:I rode by "Flossie's" which is a local Harley hangout, and I made-sure they knew that a Yamaha was passing, with a RPM salute to the potato-potato munchers, I gave them something-else to chew-upon. :biglaugh:

Back