Daytona Bike Week 2013

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the H-D boys are going to be awfully-disappointed when they hear my sonic-salute to Yamaha's engineering wizardry. No potato-potato for this rider!
:biglaugh:

Your "looking at" the 1991 Daytona Loud Pipe Contest runner-up at the Cabbage Patch :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:.......Came in 2nd place to a hotty on a HD.....I was amazed I got that far.....beat out about 8-9 other bikes, all HD's......I knew I wouldn't win being out numbered politically.......and that was with just open Supertrapp slip-ons........wish I had that on video.....OK...bragging over.....

I am pretty-sure a Dragstar would have even the Harley riders holding their ears! I haven't been to the Cabbage Patch in years, nor Boot Hill either. My buddy I hit Daytona with has an 80 cu. in. '80 Lowrider he's had since new & we would go occasionally but how-many Marlboro chain-smoking, skeletal, black t-shirt wearing "rebels" do you need to see to last a lifetime?

I am pretty-sure a Dragstar would have even the Harley riders holding their ears! I haven't been to the Cabbage Patch in years, nor Boot Hill either. My buddy I hit Daytona with has an 80 cu. in. '80 Lowrider he's had since new & we would go occasionally but how-many Marlboro chain-smoking, skeletal, black t-shirt wearing "rebels" do you need to see to last a lifetime?

Yeah...I got my fill.............

LMAO ! Yeah I was so excited about it . I turned down working there for the 2nd time in a row.

Kyle, we both live in-proximity to it, but isn't the idea to go have fun, unless you can make a ton of money working there?

I am going to be very disappointed if I cannot go this year. :confused2:

I don't really "do" Main St. I see flattrack, the old bike auction, Boxxenstopp's, and Hooter's. I also enjoy the vendors in-front of the track. Good deals there!

Yeah, two things, don't take your Max if you have ANY propensity to overheat cause it is more sit in traffic than riding either side of the river. Second, Cops are being pricks about decibels so I would not suggest rapping the throttle anywhere there are crowds. There are plenty of rides outside the city limits where you can rip to your hearts content! " I told you!"
I might be caging it up there with Maxgassers. If I go I will definitely be at Boxenstopp at Raulf's place in Holly Hill. FYI, cops are sorta cool there and have yet to rain on the parade (burnout contests) there.
PATMAX

Kyle, we both live in-proximity to it, but isn't the idea to go have fun, unless you can make a ton of money working there?

I am going to be very disappointed if I cannot go this year. :confused2:

I don't really "do" Main St. I see flattrack, the old bike auction, Boxxenstopp's, and Hooter's. I also enjoy the vendors in-front of the track. Good deals there!
Yep the idea is to have fun & if I do go it will be just for that. When I do go I get a hotel close to all the action & walk at night & have way to much fun watching the eye candy & drinking my Sailor Jerry's or Captain Morgan

Tex & ninja have you guys done any jetting changes

Nope Spyder I am definitely still a novice on VMAX mods. It is not something I have even considered, should I? Would love to hear and pros and cons associated with it. I don't have any plans to race my max but I do enjoy going faster than I should from time to time.

Nope Spyder I am definitely still a novice on VMAX mods. It is not something I have even considered, should I? Would love to hear and pros and cons associated with it. I don't have any plans to race my max but I do enjoy going faster than I should from time to time.
If your not going to race it or anything I would probably just throw some 147.5 main jets in it & let it rip but its nothing you have to be in a rush to do it will run decent like it is.

Race with a Harley, I raced a Harley today and after some really hard riding i managed to pass the guy. I was riding on one of those really, really twisting sections of a mountain road with no straight sections to speak of and where most of the bends have warning signs that say "max speed 40 mph. I knew if I was going to pass one of those monsters with those big cubic inch motors , it would have to be place like this where handling and rider skill are more important than horse power alone. I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turnsand knew I could catch him but it wouldn,t be easy. I I concentrated on my braking and cornering. Three corners later I was on hid mudguard. Catching him was one thing, passing him would prove to be another. Two corners later I pulled up next to him as we sailed down the moutain. I think he was shocked to see me next to him , as I nearly got by himbefore he could recover. Next corner same thing I,d manage pull up next to him as we entered the corner but when we came out he would get on the throttle and out power me. His horse power was almost to much to overcome but this only made me more determined than ever. My only hope was to out brake him. I held off squeezing the lever until the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant I was by him. Corner after corner I could hear the roar of the engine as he struggled to keep up. Three more miles to go before the road straightens out and he would pass me for good. But now I was in the lead and he would no longer hold me back. I stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the bottom of the canyon he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see him in my rear view mirror. Once the road did strraighten out, It seemed like it took miles before he passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match for that kind of hoarsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section of the road where bravery and skill count for more than hoarsepower and deep pockets, I had passed him. Though it was not easy, I had won the race to the bottom of the mountain and I had preserved the proud tradition of one of the best bits of american iron. i will always remember that moment. I don,t think I,ve ever pedaled so hard in my life, and some of the credit must go to schwinn cyclesas well. They really make a great bicycle.

spyder!!!! took me a sec but finally got it. hahaha. you had me. all the way through. :rofl_200::rofl_200:

on a "sadder" note. i prolly am more than likely not attending bike week this year. hope all of you have a hoot. :cheers:

Last edited:
@Spyder that was great, lol.

Updated my bike week plans last minute, I'm eating breakfast in Sanford in route to bike week now! Thursday fell through to unforeseen circumstances with one of the guys in this riding group.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Race with a Harley, I raced a Harley today and after some really hard riding i managed to pass the guy. I was riding on one of those really, really twisting sections of a mountain road with no straight sections to speak of and where most of the bends have warning signs that say "max speed 40 mph. I knew if I was going to pass one of those monsters with those big cubic inch motors , it would have to be place like this where handling and rider skill are more important than horse power alone. I saw the guy up ahead as I exited one of the turnsand knew I could catch him but it wouldn,t be easy. I I concentrated on my braking and cornering. Three corners later I was on hid mudguard. Catching him was one thing, passing him would prove to be another. Two corners later I pulled up next to him as we sailed down the moutain. I think he was shocked to see me next to him , as I nearly got by himbefore he could recover. Next corner same thing I,d manage pull up next to him as we entered the corner but when we came out he would get on the throttle and out power me. His horse power was almost to much to overcome but this only made me more determined than ever. My only hope was to out brake him. I held off squeezing the lever until the last instant. I kept my nerve while he lost his. In an instant I was by him. Corner after corner I could hear the roar of the engine as he struggled to keep up. Three more miles to go before the road straightens out and he would pass me for good. But now I was in the lead and he would no longer hold me back. I stretched out my lead and by the time we reached the bottom of the canyon he was more than a full corner behind. I could no longer see him in my rear view mirror. Once the road did strraighten out, It seemed like it took miles before he passed me, but it was probably just a few hundred yards. I was no match for that kind of hoarsepower, but it was done. In the tightest section of the road where bravery and skill count for more than hoarsepower and deep pockets, I had passed him. Though it was not easy, I had won the race to the bottom of the mountain and I had preserved the proud tradition of one of the best bits of american iron. i will always remember that moment. I don,t think I,ve ever pedaled so hard in my life, and some of the credit must go to schwinn cyclesas well. They really make a great bicycle.
LMAO:rofl_200::rofl_200:Epic .:rofl_200:

Epic story Spyder. That's great. Daytona? I've been in the hospital the past two days and still undiagnosed. May be changing hospitals tonight. Guess that dictates my Bikeweek plans.
WTF. Some timing. Have fun Ya'll. take and post lots of pictures guys. Thanks.

Epic story Spyder. That's great. Daytona? I've been in the hospital the past two days and still undiagnosed. May be changing hospitals tonight. Guess that dictates my Bikeweek plans.
WTF. Some timing. Have fun Ya'll. take and post lots of pictures guys. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that Patmax, I hope they get you figured out soon and back on the road to unleash more VMAX mayhem :punk:

We're heading into Daytona this a.m. after breakfast. We are staying south w/my buddy's brother in law, "free beats $200/nite!"

Probably gonna go to the Speedway to see the manufacturers & vendors & then maybe a trip to Deland to see if the auction is open. Also planning to attend the flattrack tonite @ the speedway.
Patmax I hope you get your issues addressed. I would have enjoyed seeing you here. Anyone else who is in Daytona post up where you're gonna be & I'll see if we can make it. Joe at Boxenstopp usually does a bar-b-q around noon Sat.

Back