Deals to be had

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdk203

Reaction score
I know a lot of you on here are not fans of HD or Buell but just thought I would share. My best friend picked up an 1125R last night for a screaming deal he got if for 6250 OTD. The dealers are apparently deeply discounting them. All models have a discount but thats apparently the best deal. He talked about buying one a year or so back good thing he didn't as he just saved a ton of money. We went out for a ride last night its a pretty sweet bike and I think once hes comfortable on it my max wont be any competition.

Buell is gone, maybe thats why they're selling so cheap, also season is over so they're clearing their lots for next season bikes

The good thing about the 1125 is its a rotax motor & they have been around a long time thats basically the same motor thats in the can Am Spyder just a little bigger so I think parts will be available for a long time.

Yeah but who wants to take a chance on it? #1 it's UGLY AS SIN and #2 it's not made anymore...

I heard from a buddy that someone he knows rode out with a brand new one for 4000 bucks. I don't believe it though... We're talking about a what? 11,000 dollar bike?

Yeah they are deffinately not my favorite bike I dont think there good looking at all. I was just saying from a parts perspective they should be available for a while. As far as not being made any more there are a lot of bikes not made any more that I would like to have.

The problem is that it's not just the bike that's not made anymore... It's the WHOLE brand...

THAT sucks.

Chris

Yeah but who wants to take a chance on it? #1 it's UGLY AS SIN and #2 it's not made anymore...

Hmm, well the VMax is no Adonis and it (Gen 1) is not made any more. :shittystick: I've ridden the 1125 a few times on manufacturers ride days and they are nice bikes. I never got to haul out on it as the ride leader owned one and made me ride beside him!:damn angry: If you can get them for that price, it is a bargain!

Yeah but the BRAND is still around... Plus they were made A LOT longer so parts are all over the place. ALL my bikes aren't made anymore but the brands exist.

Chris

As long is there is still Duck Tape brand, Buell fixes should be ok. ;-)

Ok, I want to clarify that comment as not to insult Buell owners. I used help a buddies race team that would do open entry at Daytona and other tracks, last years race at Daytona both Buells had large quantities of duck tape holding things together and they rode much of year having to use that technic. But to that there credit they did win the Supersport champions ship this, or what ever it was renamed this year. 1125 cc Vs definitely out grunted the 600cc inlines.

Yeah I kind of fealt a little unsure about the bike myself. He called me up and asked me if I thought it was a bad idea. I told him I dont know. Its risky buying something thats bassically going to dissapear. On the other hand its a nice bike and the MSRP is 12500 on the 1125R. So it was a sweet deal considering tags are 175ish in jersey plus 7% tax so subtract all that and it sounds even better. I think he will have a lot of fun with it for years to come and probably be able to sell it no problem when hes had his fill.

Definatly going to look tomorrow, for the wife, yeah right, she sasy she wants a bike, but never swung a leg over the Max,

American HD/Buell had two 1125's on the lot with sold tags on them, left my name and number incase they fell through. teh XB12's were only $3000 off, so they would be $7400 plus, the 9 is $2000 off so it would be $6900 plus. These bike look a lot better in person than in pics.

American HD/Buell had two 1125's on the lot with sold tags on them, left my name and number incase they fell through. teh XB12's were only $3000 off, so they would be $7400 plus, the 9 is $2000 off so it would be $6900 plus. These bike look a lot better in person than in pics.

Where do you live? The dealer here probably still has one or two maybe one of each the CR and R. To me thats definately the best bike and bang for your buck out of them all.

Where do you live? The dealer here probably still has one or two maybe one of each the CR and R. To me thats definately the best bike and bang for your buck out of them all.

i'm in Buffalo's suburbs. I'm glad they didn't have one, kind of a spare of the moment thing. But if the guy calls me tomorrow and says the deal fell through...

Back