Delkevic 9" SS slip-ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxnewfie

Reaction score
Just installed these the other night. The fit is good, however 1 baffle had to be tapped in place. You can keep your center stand, but I removed mine (hardly use it anyway). Drove about 15 min with baffles in... Sounds nice and a little louder than stockers with 3/8" holes drilled... Nice tone. Today I removed the baffles and went for a spin. It's LOUD! I don't think I'll be using the baffles for a while. Has a more aggressive tone.

Anyone know of any power gain or loss with baffles in/out?

Attachments

• 2013-10-17_12-20-39_745.jpg
    2013-10-17_12-20-39_745.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 2013-10-17_12-20-52_279.jpg
    2013-10-17_12-20-52_279.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 2013-10-17_12-21-07_690.jpg
    2013-10-17_12-21-07_690.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 166
  • 2013-10-17_12-21-23_5.jpg
    2013-10-17_12-21-23_5.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 193
Please we litteraly are begging you. ..
Sound Clip..
I don't care what it sounds like with the baffles in...
Let her Rip with no baffles. .
P
L
E
A
S
E
!!!!

Just installed these the other night. The fit is good, however 1 baffle had to be tapped in place. You can keep your center stand, but I removed mine (hardly use it anyway). Drove about 15 min with baffles in... Sounds nice and a little louder than stockers with 3/8" holes drilled... Nice tone. Today I removed the baffles and went for a spin. It's LOUD! I don't think I'll be using the baffles for a while. Has a more aggressive tone.

Don't forget to use ear plugs, even one exposure to too-loud sounds for too-long can cause permanent damage.

They look OK, but to me, the proportion looks wrong, like they should be smaller in diameter and longer. They are 'sound howitzers,' I am sure!

images

They claim about 5 more hp when the baffles are removed. I am running the 14 inch ss ovals without the baffles and my bike actually runs better with them out.

Please we litteraly are begging you. ..
Sound Clip..
I don't care what it sounds like with the baffles in...
Let her Rip with no baffles. .
P
L
E
A
S
E
!!!![/QUOTE

I never posted a video before, but I will try to get a clip and post it on youtube. The baffles came out yesterday, and I don't think I'll be putting them back in any time soon:biglaugh:. Any sound clip on a computer will no do it justice. I've listened to lots before I ordered these, and sounds way better in person!

And yes Firemedic... ear plugs will be used for now on. Hearing loss runs in my family.

They sound Good !!
And no ear plugs should be necessary if you are riding it and NOT following it. :D
Your friends will definitely need some earplugs !!!

A bit off topic here but is that a stock sissy bar? I've been looking for one, and that's the first time I've seen one from the rear.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Did you need new front pipes? From what I understand, their front pipes are just replacements for ours. They're no different inside or anything so you won't see any gains.

Yes new pipes would be nice. The old ones are pitted and wont clean up and they are scraped and a little crushed on the bottom. Not looking for any performance gains. Just a little more noise so these people up here hear me and see me. The cosmetics would have been a plus as the old ones are from 1985. :biglaugh:

Back