Different cans on Mark's exhaust???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdoprey

Reaction score
Has anyone run different cans on one of Mark's exhausts? I picked up a SS 4-2 system from him with his 14" alum cans and straight outlet. The bike sounds good but is a little loud for me cruising around. I would like to get a little deeper tone and it not be quite as loud. I've heard that oval cans give a little deeper/mellower tone. Has anyone swapped on a set? If so, was it a bolt-on or ???

I know he will customize the them to fit his exhaust but thats generally when he builds a new system if you send him the cans. He may do so in your case if you send them to him but I can't say for sure. As long as the ID/OD matches up with your new cans and you are using the strap attachment type I cant see why they wouldn't bolt on. You may need to clamp them to the collector for a better seal as his systems use a slip fit with springs.

The longer the cans the deeper/quieter they get! Ask him for some longer ones.

Chris

Talked with Mark. He(as do i) thinks that other cans will prolly not help, unless they hurt hp some(smaller diameter ID causing this). He did say i could try some longer cans but he was unsure if they would help much. I believe they will, but...i'm not sure how they will look on the bike. I'm more about performance first/looks second, but with this bike(my first V-Max as well as my first non-crotch rocket), i want it to look the "tough musclebike" part too! I have the straight tips on mine. Might try the turn down tips. They may direct the sound more away from rider/passenger which may help some.
I'll do some measuring and thinking on running longer cans. Would prolly be what i'm looking for.
Thanks for the input!

Talked with Mark. He(as do i) thinks that other cans will prolly not help, unless they hurt hp some(smaller diameter ID causing this). He did say i could try some longer cans but he was unsure if they would help much. I believe they will, but...i'm not sure how they will look on the bike. I'm more about performance first/looks second, but with this bike(my first V-Max as well as my first non-crotch rocket), i want it to look the "tough musclebike" part too! I have the straight tips on mine. Might try the turn down tips. They may direct the sound more away from rider/passenger which may help some.
I'll do some measuring and thinking on running longer cans. Would prolly be what i'm looking for.
Thanks for the input!

Turn downs definitely help out the riders...but man turn downs make it even louder for pedestrians with the sound echoing off of the ground...GROUND POUNDERS!

at bike events...like myrtle beach bike week...daytona bike week....ground pounders are always the loudest to me...i want to do short cans turned down...one day:punk:

Latest posts

Back