Drones

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how many have them or how you feel about them as a whole.... I live out in the country and right next to the snake river canyon. I had been pondering getting one of these for awhile, my cousin got me hooked a few months ago. Tell me if you have one.

G

I've been to pocatello and idaho falls and can say that part of this country is amazingly beautiful- Would love to see it from the sky view again as i flew to anchorage from salt lake city once.
I do not have one but would be careful of others and their privacy.That would be my main concern.

Also never fly it when there is a fire in your area. Several times here in NorCal, wild fires have spread more quickly and widely, unnecessarily, due to the fact that fire bombers will not fly if there are drones flying in the area. I know it's tempting to get live footage of a fire from the sky, but please don't.

I guess if you dont invade anyones privacy its a pretty cool device. I have been tempted to pick one up to to monitor mt lions in the surrounding hills. I live in a private pocket within the Black Hills natl forest. If your considerate it should be a really fun, especially where you live. I want one for the same reason, it seems to be a perfect use for one to me. The bad rap comes from kids using them to peer into windows, fly over private property and shit like that. It should be just fine in the hands of a responsible adult.

I see regulations coming for drone users. Bet on old Massachusetts to be first there. I think we're too regulated already, but in this case, where flights have been effected and privacy invaded. Maybe yes.
An age requirement before being unsupervised,or proof of competency? There will always be whacko's that will abuse them, like intentionally fly one close to a plane. Or the kind of person that shines a lasers at the cockpit of a plane. Firearms mounted on one creep me out too. I'd not mind flying one though, maybe buying one some day. They look like a fun thing to do.

I might be getting one, just bought an SJCAM SJ4000 wi fi, going on a 5 week Australia vacation, might get a cheap drone to carry cam for fun.

I have several, and have flown rc aircraft for years.

Different types of craft will give different results.

Quad copters are great for heavy cameras.
Tricopters are great for smooth flights where runways are limited.
Fpv planes have great range and smooth flights, but you can't hover.

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or pm me.

A condo I was living in had the top floors basically vacant. Peligren (sp) Falcons were living on the top floors. A fellow was running his drone up the side of the building. Cool as can be they were diving on it 30 feet off my balcony. what a show.
david

A condo I was living in had the top floors basically vacant. Peligren (sp) Falcons were living on the top floors. A fellow was running his drone up the side of the building. Cool as can be they were diving on it 30 feet off my balcony. what a show.
david

I believe you mean Peregrine Falcons.

Latest posts

Back