Dyna Beads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I recently installed new wheels and tires on my bike. I didn't want to put a bunch of ugly weights on my new wheels. I've heard a bunch of opinions on dyna beads go one way or the other.

I decided I'd try them and form my own opinion. Its only been a few hundred miles but so far, they work as advertised. I followed the manufacturers directions and put 2 OZ in the rear and 1 in the front. I would not hesitate to buy them again.

I need to get some for my rear because the rim was to wide for them to balance.. and I was thinking about getting them for my truck pro comp xtreeme AT tires.. heard they work good for luggy tires. Good info!

This topic has been almost as heated as the oil thread or darksider tires on the Venture site.

One concern I have about using Dyna beads is that every time the wheel quits rotating, the beads will then fall back to the bottom. Then when tire gets up to speed and is out of balance, the beads will find their happy spot once again, repeated over & over.

Gary

I use them and have for a few sets of tires now. Bias and radial both gave a nice smooth ride with Dyna Beads. The local shop here and another shop I used, convinced me to invest in tire changing tools and rim protectors. I got tired of paying for the pleasure of gouging up my wheels, and weights all over the wheel. A truing stand to find the right high spot on the wheel was worth the 45 minutes to build. The valve stem isn't always the best place to put the alignment dot on the tire. I've had tires dynamically balanced and can't tell the difference from the beads.

Steve

This topic has been almost as heated as the oil thread or darksider tires on the Venture site.

One concern I have about using Dyna beads is that every time the wheel quits rotating, the beads will then fall back to the bottom. Then when tire gets up to speed and is out of balance, the beads will find their happy spot once again, repeated over & over.

Gary
I have herd, from respected Vmax owners, of the beads tearing up the rubber inside a bit. And finding little rubber balls inside the tire from beads. When I ran Shinko bias ply's I seldom got more than a season from them anyway. I have them in my radials now though. So, we'll see.
Steve-o

I don't quite get your concern? That is the way they work..

I used them in my '86 wheels the whole time I ran Shinko T230s, never had an issue. Still have a few packs and will use them again in my '00, when it arrives..

Back