dyno scheduled thurs.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bciuc

Reaction score
will be dynoing thurs at ron ayers in g-ville n.c. what can i expect, 95 model, stage 1 kit, exhaust drilled out, 31000 miles, well taken care of, just tuned up and carbs synched, runnin good, will it break 100 horses at the rear? thanks eric

I'm betting between 105 - 112. Stage 1 kit with stock exhaust...especially drilled will make it rich. If you lose the stage 1 kit you can expect 115-120.

lol I doubt 120 stock? From what I have read 106 to 108?Jjust a guess all dynos are different.

Well if you have 145HP on the crank, would you really expect to lose as many as 38HP in just the tranny and final gear shaft drive?

I would have thought 20-25 to be more realistic. Am I dreamin'?

Well if you have 145HP on the crank, would you really expect to lose as many as 38HP in just the tranny and final gear shaft drive?

I would have thought 20-25 to be more realistic. Am I dreamin'?

The loss is that significant.
The drivetrain changes direction by 90 degrees at least twice (?), vua output shaft, then at rear axle.
This will account for much of the loss, so my engineer buddies tell me..

Didn't stock Vmax with Vboost have around 90 rear wheel hp, 145 at flywheel?

Drilled exhaust:ummm: and you have V-Boost? Dont forget the seafoam! I am betting you break the dyno spin the drum right up and out of the machine.

My guess is...........97HP

will be dynoing thurs at ron ayers in g-ville n.c. what can i expect, 95 model, stage 1 kit, exhaust drilled out, 31000 miles, well taken care of, just tuned up and carbs synched, runnin good, will it break 100 horses at the rear? thanks eric

DUDE where are your dyno numbers:confused2:
Maybe he had a high speed wobble on the dyno and wrecked:rofl_200:

it was raining last thurs, havnt had chance make it since, dyno man on vacation next week t=giving, i will post as soon as i dyno, weather turned cold, not out of 40s all week, last weekend 75

it was raining last thurs, havnt had chance make it since, dyno man on vacation next week t=giving, i will post as soon as i dyno, weather turned cold, not out of 40s all week, last weekend 75

This is from Novemeber 20th
Well its been 5 weeks and still no dyno numbers.

I've seen Cobra bike making 95bhp so that's a 50hp difference from stock. Now I know that Cobra's restrict but DAMN!

finally got around to dyno, stage1 vboost, drilled stock exhaust, carbs calibrated, 31500 miles, 107hp, would post slip although when i got home daughter split choc milk on bar and ruined:punk:dyno man said it was pretty good for stock

Back