Early Vmax colours (colors)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendini

Reaction score
Hi again

I wanted some clarification regarding the early 85/86 stock Vmax colour 'Deep Scarlet' Code OOKU (DPS). I have just bought an '86 model Vmax recently imported from the US? from a dealer in the UK. The dummy tank & mudguards (fenders) were metallic black & needed repainting. I wanted them in a dark red and found on here that one of the stock 85 & 86 colours was 'Deep Scarlet' which I expected to be dark red. I got the dealer to do them in this colour but they came out more of an orange/copper red colour. (see attached) Can somebody tell me if this is indeed Deep Scarlet as the dealer insisted it was or not? I don't mind the colour it just isn't what I expected. Thanks

Attachments

• 26072013378.jpg
    26072013378.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 32
Umm , my 86 was more of a maroon more than this coppery/orange color.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I don't remember any US Max being that color. Not sure what colors were available on ones exported to other countries though.

Hi thanks for the replies M-Cman's '97 bike doesn't look a million miles from mine colour wise (a bit lighter). Wonder if it is a stock colour? I think my bike is definitely North American market. Imported and registered in UK this year. 55mph speed limit highlighted on speedo, red reflectors on radiator cowling not orange as per European spec. and I did give the paint man as I say the code 00KU DPS (Deep Scarlet) so any body else got any ideas?

Regards

Hi I also bought this repro. brochure which is for the '85 model year. I haven't received it yet and only have the photo. The colour on this looks similar to mine. Anybody think this is Deep Scarlet?

Attachments

• $T2eC16dHJGQFFhn6dSyOBR,yRYRvsg~~60_12.JPG
    $T2eC16dHJGQFFhn6dSyOBR,yRYRvsg~~60_12.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 28
Hi thanks for the replies M-Cman's '97 bike doesn't look a million miles from mine colour wise (a bit lighter). Wonder if it is a stock colour? I think my bike is definitely North American market. Imported and registered in UK this year. 55mph speed limit highlighted on speedo, red reflectors on radiator cowling not orange as per European spec. and I did give the paint man as I say the code 00KU DPS (Deep Scarlet) so any body else got any ideas?

Regards

My bike is painted a custom color, not stock in any way. :biglaugh:

My memory of the 86 color is darker than yours and a different hue/shade.

Back