Electrical Connection at Clutch Lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
I just swapped my stock clutch master cylinder to the FJR1300 master cylinder as I really wanted to adjustable lever. However, upon removing the stock master I noticed two wires that connect to something attached to the bottom of the lever. Seems to have a pin that gets pushed in when you depress the lever.
The second part of that question has to do with the fact that the FJR1300 master has this same electrical mechanism but it has 3 prongs instead of the two that the stock master has. I left the wires unconnected, but i'm not sure what they are for. Doesn't seem to have bothered the running of the bike or the workings of anything electronic.

Any info?

Pat ,
I am sure those wires are connected with a neutral safety switch and the kick stand. So when you bike is sitting and in gear you shouldn't be able to start the bike unless the clutch lever is pulled in. Or unless the bike is in neutral. I don't know anything about the 3 wires vs the two or how to connect them sorry

Gannon

gannon is right. u'll want to connect your to plugs to the outer two prongs on the switch itself. i cut the switch up to do so.

Back