EMGO air filters without correctors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no, Why dont you just buy that morley airbox on ebay for 25 bucks you know that setup works:punk:

Yes talk to Sean he can prob sell you everything you need also for either set up you must run aftermarket pipe. JIM

i would imagine you need to use the air correctors.

pretty much anytime you screw with the stock filter design, you'll need correctors. They are SUPER simple to put in.

Chris

I've got a complete Muscle Jet Kit for sale from Sean Morley. Just bought it this spring. Less than 2000 miles on it. Got stock airbox too. And carbs. And.........:whistlin::whistlin:

Attachments

• Morleys.jpg
    Morleys.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Imatation.jpg
    Imatation.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 52
Yeah Seans are silicon'd in. Not the prettiest thing but it's under the lid so who the heck cares right? It's how it performs that matters.

Chris

That actually looks similar to what we have now but it needs one hell of a cleaning!

Sean

Hi, Iv'e been lurking here for a while. I just installed this Emgo filter system on my 93. I am not running the connectors/rubber stacks. Don't know yet about the increase in mileage claim but after running the bike for 60 miles, here is what I know: Warm-up is smoother and requires less choke, throttle response will snap your neck (without the Vboost) , upon a hard throttle burst the carbs are obviously noisier but not irritating. I haven't taken a plug reading yet or don't have enough miles to see how the exhaust is burning. I do have the Cobra slip-on exhaust and in-my-humble opinion has "chocked" the engine in the past. My mileage used to be 34-35 mpg with a KN filter. I'll let you know on mileage and any jetting issues. One last thing about these filters: they are a wire mesh, not the oil able kind like the KN.
Ray

Back