Engine crash Bars (handy foot rest) with frame brace

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nsubs

Reaction score
hi there,
I have a 2000 Vmax with the engine crash bars mounted.
I have also a set of frame braces to be fitted but looking at the fixing is either or ???
Has anyone successfully fitted both and if so with what mods.
(Braces bought from Exact Rep)

Cheers
Nigel

Some can be fitted together while others can't. Just have to see if you can get creative and make it work.,

Cheers Sean,
I think their will be a few little modifications required to make them work together.
Any ideas of hot rubber smell after a reasonable hack and slight delay throttle response when warm. (been told your the man to ask)

Engine guards with sliders added,Frame Braces, Thigh Plates:

55kCPx4.jpg

EEZHEL9.jpg

I'm confused. You've asked the question, but it seems that the bars and braces already appear to be coexisting peacefully...?

Very purposeful looking Gen1 specimen, by the way.

I'm confused. You've asked the question, but it seems that the bars and braces already appear to be coexisting peacefully...?

Very purposeful looking Gen1 specimen, by the way.

Nsubs is the OP and asked the question.

Cheers,

Zeus

what is the white bottle for?

Those are twin bare aluminum bottles I was going to use for extra fuel. They are not painted, just look white in the pictures. At the advice of several members, they are empty and just there for looks. Everyone asks if they are nitrous, I tell them it is for a methanol-hydrazine injection and they nod in agreement (there is no such thing). Ran out of fuel twice and had to push the bike to gas stations, so I wanted to just carry spare fuel. I re-soldered the fuel pump connection and got my reserve working. Now keep an eye on the odometer and know when I have to start looking for a station, plus the reserve is operational. California Highway Patrol was very interested in the DOT sticker and tank contents. The plumbing and lines are just stuff I had in my collection.

Engine guards with sliders added,Frame Braces, Thigh Plates:

55kCPx4.jpg

EEZHEL9.jpg
Hi Zeus36,
I have the same engine crash bars (Cruz foot rest :cool: ) But looks like the top fixing will be shared with the bottom of 2 on the brace and require modding.frame-re-enforcement-bars-main.jpg

Back