• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Engine parts or whatever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
So I want to do a project with a bunch of engine internals. Pistons, crank, cases, whatever. I want to make a table that's sort of artsy, but made with stuff I actually like... you know.. Vmax stuff. I've got an idea but no parts. If anyone is dumping stuff from one of your broken motors, let me know. I'll pay reasonable prices and shipping, of course.

I am not asking you to give me parts that will be used for anything actually productive. It's supposed to all become a table base.

Sure, I guess. I'd like to do one with the pistons and crank as the base, and another with the inverted cases/head like the table on Top Gear.

The best way would obviously be for me to meet people to pick up parts. I don't even know where I'd find a junked one locally. I've never seen a motorcycle salvage yard in Norther Virginia.

Yeah. I've only been to them in Texas. Northern Virginia is too consumed by high-priced housing to leave space for large lots full of dead vehicles. I'll look around. Maybe somewhere in Maryland. I found some stuff on ebay for less than I thought I would.

Next time you drive through here there's a big pile on the side of the shop.

Dave somewhere around Bowie waldorf area I believe from what Jagco told me for m/c salvage

I'll check that out.

Next time you drive through here there's a big pile on the side of the shop.

Too bad I'm in Virginia. I'm not sure when I'll be in the center of the country again. Maybe I'll figure something out in the summer.

I'll check that out.

Too bad I'm in Virginia. I'm not sure when I'll be in the center of the country again. Maybe I'll figure something out in the summer.

IF, I am going to Thunder, I could try to run some stuff up there.

IF, I am going to Thunder, I could try to run some stuff up there.

If I'm not laid up from a redo on my hernia surgery, I'll drive up and meet you. I'm sure we'll work something out. I know Sean has a huge pile of cases by the shop. I don't know if they're complete but destroyed motors. Lots of projects between now and then, I'm sure.

Sorry threw away most of my extras when I Moved from Florida & the one's I Kept were for the same reason as yours . I am working on a couple tables now. Good luck with your project good minds think alike .

Back