Eureka Springs AR 2012 rally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
Just a few pics from this yr's rally I've managed to collect today and load for you all to see.

Ground zero motel
IMG_20120519_063505.jpg
Bikes gathering before the Sat morning ride
VMOA Eureka Springs 2012 010.jpg
My wife, Shala, & Michaels' wife Gigi posing for a quick shot Fri evening
VMOA Eureka Springs 2012 001.jpg
DLCrays (Darren) Gen II
purple09max.jpg
Rick Rash's Gen II (awesome paint job)
ricksvmax.jpg
Sorry, I can't remember who's Gen II this belongs to
carbonmax.jpg
A little "fun" between Rick & Darren's Gen II'S out on the hwy in the middle of a gas stop - Sean Morley was at the throttle on Darren's bike for this.
dragrace2.jpg
Awesome view during the lunch break at the Cliff House Inn.
IMG_20120519_152544.jpg

Attachments

• gassingupsaturday.jpg
    gassingupsaturday.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 39
  • saturdayride1.jpg
    saturdayride1.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 38
more pics

Mark & Joe seem to be worn out from our 'brisk' 75 mile ride through MO over to Cotton Eyed Joe's restaurant for Friday lunch - that, or they ate too much.
VMOA Eureka Springs 2012 008.jpgVMOA Eureka Springs 2012 009.jpg

All in all, a good time for sure. And the best part - this year, no one ended up in the ditch. In fact, if it weren't for the one flat tire, just 20 miles short of getting back to Eureka Springs on the Sat ride, it would have been a perfect weekend. Well, I guess there was that one broken throttle cable on Gigi's bike about 40 miles out, but quick thinking by Mike, and a pair of small needle-nosed pliers later, he managed to limp it back into the motel (at the speed limit + all the way :biglaugh:).

Kudos to Clay Banker (I think) for quickly loaning the good one from his bike, which was to be loaded on a trailer for transport back home anyway, so that it could be put on Gigi's bike for the remainder of her & Mikes' extended week in the Eureka Springs area.:clapping:

Attachments

• VMOA Eureka Springs 2012 013.jpg
    VMOA Eureka Springs 2012 013.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 33
  • saturdayride2.jpg
    saturdayride2.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 36
  • saturdayride3.jpg
    saturdayride3.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 34
  • maxesatthehotel.jpg
    maxesatthehotel.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20120519_063202.jpg
    IMG_20120519_063202.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20120519_063149.jpg
    IMG_20120519_063149.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20120519_063129.jpg
    IMG_20120519_063129.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 40
  • gassingupsaturday.jpg
    gassingupsaturday.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 33
Indeed it was fun! Next time I won't give Rick the head start lol! That picture doesn't show that I was getting a bit nervous with the oncoming car and delay by the flag drop! Ended up getting a bit ansy and even with letting Rick go first I blew away the tire on the launch and walked it over to share the lane with him!

Fun times!

Sean, do you realise the ONLY law enforcement we saw all day long was just 1 mile away over the next hill as we all left that gas stop? How close is that - considering all the rubber (and in a certain case - some steel cords) expended throughout the weekend?

I take it, you two got home w/o getting into any showers Sun morning?

All we ended up with was a few sprinkles that dried as fast as it came down. We were wondering for about an hour or so while we ran around it.

Sean

more pics

Mark & Joe seem to be worn out from our 'brisk' 75 mile ride through MO over to Cotton Eyed Joe's restaurant for Friday lunch - that, or they ate too much.
View attachment 29021View attachment 29022

Well, I guess there was that one broken throttle cable on Gigi's bike about 40 miles out, but quick thinking by Mike, and a pair of small needle-nosed pliers later, he managed to limp it back into the motel (at the speed limit + all the way :biglaugh:).

Kudos to Clay Banker (I think) for quickly loaning the good one from his bike, which was to be loaded on a trailer for transport back home anyway, so that it could be put on Gigi's bike for the remainder of her & Mikes' extended week in the Eureka Springs area.:clapping:

That was Joe that came up with the vise grip trick, said he had to do it once before. I thought it was funny that i passed that group of 2 harleys, a BMW and goldwing along with 2 cars with vise grips controlling the throttle.

We had a Blast and the weather was better than was expected.
lows in the low 60s and highs maybe 75. Tuesday morning when i was loading up the bikes it was 46 at about 8 am.
thanks to Clay Banker for the cable so that Gigi and I was able to make a 150 mile ride monday, that was MAYBE 70 degrees.
Did some site seeing. War eagle mill, cool. Quigleys castle, really cool, balancing rock, lame.
anyway thanks to those that came.
Michael & Gigi

The pro-photos taken of us south of Eureka Springs on hwy 23 Sat 5-19 have been added to his site; http://ridepics.net/

The site won't allow me to copy/paste more specific site address for the specific page we are on. So, you'll have to click on the "find your pics" button. Go to the pics for 5-19-2012. Then, believe it or not, the guy has all our pics listed under the sub-division labeled "V-twins" from 4-5pm. I guess we all got demoted to being V-twins now.

Also, I don't think he captured each and every one of us as we passed his location, because I don't think I count enough vmaxes in his pics.

Great pic's Jim, Thanks for the great ride on Friday, Missouri 90 is one fantastic road. I am ready for next year, can we leave now?

Sean Morely was a good sport with the racing. Sean let me leave first both times to balance his much better racing skills to my no racing skills. LOL Doesnt hurt that I probably 50 lbs lighter than Sean, running a Brocks 4/1 and ran a 240 back to Darren's 200. Although, Darren's was a new Shinko and mine was a well worn metzler. I installed a new 240 Conti Attack last Friday. First with the Conti. Wow! Bike still smokes the tire, but with a little clutch and throttle control it really launchs and hooks up between shifts 100% better. Look out Sport Bike! Here I come!

rick rash

Latest posts

Back