Exellant carb cleaning

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alorio1

Reaction score
Exellant carb cleaning service

I let my old 85 sit too long during a year long Chemo treatments and seems the carbs gummed up during that period and was runnig bad when I did get a chance to start it. I wasn't up to doing the task so I ran all brands of carb cleaner with no sucess. I read so many testimonials about Dannymax's carb cleaning buisness and his success stories that I decided he's the man I want to clean my carbs and get my bike running right again. I sent my rack of carbs to him and when I got the back I think I could have sold them for NOS they were so clean. He cleans your carbs and replaces any or all parts that need to be replaced. He also puts them on a bike and test runs them and also syncs the carbs to that engine along with the best idle adjusting the A/F screws to whatever you desire. The sync on his engine is not going to match your engine, but it puts you very close as you can see in the pic I attached to the post. I was in buisness and reassymbling my bike in about 10 minutes. Took the bike for a short ride and she ran strong as ever. I can highly recomend his service, his communication during the rebuild, choice of mail service and is one of the vendor's who support this site. Thanks Dannymax for an excellant job on the carb rebuild....:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

image.php

BRC Carb Shop email- [email protected]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Why don't you PM dannymax and he can explain his service to you. You won't be sorry and I'm sure I save a quiet a bundle of money by letting him do the job. He also put the carb on a bike he has and test runs them, making sure they have no issues before sending them back. You can also email him........................

BRC Carb Shop email- [email protected]

I hope he finds your slide diaphrams in good shape, those things are high. You will be happy with his service, I'm sure.

Dannymax is about to get my carbs...again. About 6 months ago I sent them to him and he got them perfect.
A few months after his carb rebuild I had wrist surgery and couldn't even get the bike out of the garage or run it for about 1.5 to 2 months. at which time it decide to not run at idle without choke and I can't move the throttle without it dying.
This sucks because I'm going to have to tear it all down again and mail them back to him. I have never had so much trouble with any bike like I do with the VMax. Of course this has all been since I moved to Florida 8 months ago also...

Dannymax is about to get my carbs...again. About 6 months ago I sent them to him and he got them perfect.
A few months after his carb rebuild I had wrist surgery and couldn't even get the bike out of the garage or run it for about 1.5 to 2 months. at which time it decide to not run at idle without choke and I can't move the throttle without it dying.
This sucks because I'm going to have to tear it all down again and mail them back to him. I have never had so much trouble with any bike like I do with the VMax. Of course this has all been since I moved to Florida 8 months ago also...

Have you tried anything like BG-44 fuel system cleaner?

Re: Exellant carb cleaning service

+ one. If I were you I'd drain out fuel in bowls and tank. Look in your fuel tank make sure there is no rust! Also if you havent changed fuel filter in awhile its not that much id do it.. Start with fresh fuel put a gallon in it and dumb a whole bottle of bg-44 or whatever you desire. I love my seafoam and stand by it... fill up carbs by turn the key on and off until you got the fuel pump to stop clicking when you turn key on.. start it let it run for 15 minutes or so shut it down let it sit... do it again the next day.. let it sit.. if it still isnt running right keep doing it till the fuel is gone.. if that doesnt work yea your screwed. I cant imagine 1.5-2months would cause that bad. Maybe something else.. hoses deteriorating? Or rust in tank

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Re: Exellant carb cleaning service

+ one. If I were you I'd drain out fuel in bowls and tank. Look in your fuel tank make sure there is no rust! Also if you havent changed fuel filter in awhile its not that much id do it.. Start with fresh fuel put a gallon in it and dumb a whole bottle of bg-44 or whatever you desire. I love my seafoam and stand by it... fill up carbs by turn the key on and off until you got the fuel pump to stop clicking when you turn key on.. start it let it run for 15 minutes or so shut it down let it sit... do it again the next day.. let it sit.. if it still isnt running right keep doing it till the fuel is gone.. if that doesnt work yea your screwed. I cant imagine 1.5-2months would cause that bad. Maybe something else.. hoses deteriorating? Or rust in tank

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tank doesn't have any sediment of any kind, the gas is mostly ethanol free with Seafoam but not 100% when I put the carbs back on. When I initially had the carbs done it had a little Sunoco Ultra 93 which I topped off with ethanol free and I have since continued to top off with ethanol free when it would take more.
I have run the bike 15 min+ 3 or 4 times and worked to get the choke off as much as possible each time. I never drained the carbs first though...
The filter looks completely clean, nothing in it at all, except fuel...and I changed it in conjunction with Dannymax's tear down.
The bike is stored in a garage, and there is no evidence that anything is breaking down.

Bummer Chris, I hadn't heard from you in awhile and thought you had the problem solved. BG 44K might be a good idea, I've gotten it on ebay before.

I have been trying to run the issue out of the bike but not having any success. I am going to try ebay.

Back