Exhaust question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool looking but over $700 just for cans seems a little high. Why not an X pipe, Optimal Carbone or Akrapovic for around the same money, throw in some of Tim Nash's magic and really wake that '15 up?

Pretty cool looking but over $700 just for cans seems a little high. Why not an X pipe, Optimal Carbone or Akrapovic for around the same money, throw in some of Tim Nash's magic and really wake that '15 up?

Oh, I'm not even ready to start modding, I'm not touching it until my one year warranty is up, I just saw these on eBay and wondered if anyone had any experience with them. The shipping is not 400 bucks either, he quoted me 70 to the US. Seems like a pretty decent looking exhaust for the price. :punk:

wasn't sure what you meant by cans so I googled'em to see if I was familiar ans ..... YEP !!!! LOL

Can someone please explain what exactly needs to be done to the bike to remove the CAT? do I need a new exhaust and a reflash? What is the total cost?

to take the cat off start by taking the cans off and work backwards depending on what set up you go with (midpipe) $$$ and air box mod monster big air TTmod or open airbox up some by taking restrictor plate out being the cheapest nash flash will cost 550 first your first flash and 50 if needed again .

John get know Tim Nash if you don't already you can alway's drop him a email about what flashes he can do .I'm sure there's other that flash but Tim's the best.

Yes, I will definitely do that next year about this time after my factory warranty has run out. My plan is to replace the cat, upgrade the exhaust and have the Nash Flash loaded. :punk:

I keep going around the different options for my '15 - I'm settling down to wanting just K&N + restrictor removal, Nash Flash and de-CAT. The stock cans are my favorite look.

The cat eliminator pipe that seems to make the most sense to me is this one.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm175/sal70lemans/Marks_collector_pipe_side_view_zpsb645e561.jpg

Does anyone know if Mark's is this style? He doesn't have a picture of it on his website.

http://marksperformance.com/vmax.html

Yes, that's what the Mark's Performance mid-pipe/collector looks like (the pic link that you posted is actually from my Photobucket account). I'm very happy with it and I also prefer the look of the stock cans.

Scott

thanks for the confirmation - seems like the one to go with as it'll keep all 4 header pipes the same length if I'm looking at this right.

So this is a true 4-2 system, looks like there is no connection between the 2 final collectors.

Anyone compare this to 4-1-2 X-pipe on a dyno?
image_1693.jpg

or

x-pipe.jpg

Sorry I have a first Gen... but I can't help looking at the "cans" that are being posted in the pink um... SHA-WING!

What the hell kind of octopus exhaust set up is that.:ummm:

Latest posts

Back