Exhaust silicon sealant?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Before I install my ceramic coated hindle pipes - I need to find the best silicone sealant for the exhaust. I know it was leaking before I took it off - and I am going to do my best to ensure it is leak proof.

Already ordered new OEM gaskets.
________
hotbox vaporizer

Last edited:
Re: Exhaust siklcon sealant...

I always use High Temp RTV from Permatex with no issues.

Re: Exhaust siklcon sealant...

100% pure silicon at your local hardware store. Comes in big tubes for about 1/2 the cost of the small permatex stuff. They have clear and black in most stores.

Sean

Don't buy a big tube if you don't have to. Even the Permatex size is more than you will need for 4 exhausts... lol

Chris

Correct, but many people have uses they can do with the regular tube at home. Plus it's clear and doesn't look bad. The black is OK but not with a silver exhaust.

Sean

I would love to beat someone that uses silicon to seal new windows off in a home. I ran into that this weekend. Paint won't stick to it which when you're painting out woodwork really blows chunks!

Man I was pissed off about that.

When you install the new Marks exhaust do you need to use the silicone? how much do you use and what is the procedure. I never used this stuff on my sport bikes or had any leaks.
Rick

Should I use this on the Marks headers ?

I didn't! No real issues.

I talked to Mark about it and he said you shouldn't have to, but it's OK if you want to.

I don't seem to have any issues with mine.

Chris

Latest posts

Back