Exhaust weight???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rusty are you anywhere near Houston?I have ufo headers and Hmf 12" cans.There are a ton of vmaxers there.Maybe you could ride with some of them and see the different choices.My personal opinion is that I wouldn't care if my exhaust weighed twice as much because it would be worth it for the sound of bigger headers and straight through cans.There is nothing like a bike that sounds like a built smallblock chevy and runs even better!

Rusty,Sounds like you have a good handle on what you like, I too love the gold tone of a marks stainless exhaust.Mark Milne has a nice set with 2.25 outlets that sounds very good.The main reason I didn't go with marks is the crossover goes right where my swingarm brace is.

Shawn, I talked to Mark and he said he could've built the crossover different. Also, PCW said they can make a brace that fits Mark's exhaust.....pricey, I'm sure.

wfcall said:
Still though..

Does anyone know how much the entire stock exhaust wieghs????

I've got my stock one around somewhere... if I can find it I will weigh it.

maleko89 said:
Shawn, I talked to Mark and he said he could've built the crossover different. Also, PCW said they can make a brace that fits Mark's exhaust.....pricey, I'm sure.

I already had my brace on when I bought exhaust and I made it myself trying to copy Dale Walker's design.Its good and strong but eats up the space under the swingarm.You really can't see it under there unless y0u are looking for it.

I weighed the factory system today after pulling it off the bike.

The entire factory assembly including all bolts, covers, shields etc is

42 lbs

The muffler/collector assembly alone weighs 22 lbs

The entire UFO exhaust system is 22 lbs for a 20 pound savings.....The UFO cans weigh 4 lbs each

Woohoo!!

Can't wait to finish this bad boy!!

Latest posts

Back