Finally

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't weigh in on either side of the arguments as I believe it's a personal choice for each individual to make.

My wife and I finally got the shots, I was first. For us, we just figure it's very similar to taking a flu shot, it doesn't mean you'll not get it, just means that it may not be as bad as it could be without it.

Last edited:
Only addressing the term 'survival'...it doesn't say survive as you were prior to covid...just that a certain % will survive (not die). Maybe on dialysis for the rest of your life, maybe with lung scarring...maybe with blood clots in your legs or elsewhere...maybe with a lot of other stuff that never gets mentioned.
Incidentally, being fully vax'd as my wife and I are does not mean we will not get covid...in fact, I'm not sure it means anything at all...but we're vax'd anyhow FWIW.

Survival rates for COVID-19 misrepresented in posts I agree in trusting the math. Looks to me like the average person in the US has a better than 99% chance of surviving covid.

" THE FACTS: As of July 23, there were more than 34.3 million known cases of COVID-19 in the United States and 610,370 deaths, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. That means the case fatality ratio -- or the portion of known cases that result in death in the country -- is 1.8%. In other words, on average, 98.2% of known COVID-19 patients in the U.S. survive. Because the true number of infections is much larger than just the documented cases, the actual survival rate of all COVID-19 infections is even higher than 98.2%. "

What is your point? You could still get it and give it to someone else who dies from COVID-19.

What is your point? You could still get it and give it to someone else who dies from COVID-19.
It is not my responsibility to protect anyone who is weak, sick or dying. That sounds like a them problem. No one is looking out for me. And by you saying you are wearing a mask, getting vaccinated, whatever....is NOT you looking out for me. That is you doing as you are told by your government. Humans have been infecting humans since the humans first walked this earth. You believe the government is gonna stop the natural order of things?

WORLDWIDE infection rate is 2.7% WORLDWIDE death rate is 0.05%. And these numbers are what the TV tells you. Not what the people are actually dying of. Like old age, cancer, or heart attacks.

Or like this....

https://www.kmov.com/news/colorado-...cle_297e3550-4131-11eb-9f01-ffe3e11d0f46.html
2 people who were shot, had covid, classified as covid instead of being shot. You can believe whatever you want. I believe the numbers. This is a statistically irrelevant disease sensationalized by the media and used by governments to invoke fear and control of the masses.

Last edited:
It is not my responsibility to protect anyone who is weak, sick or dying. That sounds like a them problem. No one is looking out for me. And by you saying you are wearing a mask, getting vaccinated, whatever....is NOT you looking out for me. That is you doing as you are told by your government. Humans have been infecting humans since the humans first walked this earth. You believe the government is gonna stop the natural order of things?

WORLDWIDE infection rate is 2.7% WORLDWIDE death rate is 0.05%. And these numbers are what the TV tells you. Not what the people are actually dying of. Like old age, cancer, or heart attacks.

Or like this....

https://www.kmov.com/news/colorado-...cle_297e3550-4131-11eb-9f01-ffe3e11d0f46.html
2 people who were shot, had covid, classified as covid instead of being shot. You can believe whatever you want. I believe the numbers. This is a statistically irrelevant disease sensationalized by the media and used by governments to invoke fear and control of the masses.

Wow. Your obligations and responsibilities to your community always override your personal freedom to inflict health and safety problems on others. These obligations are what make humans civilized. It has absolutely nothing to do with what the government wants you to do.

Wow. Your obligations and responsibilities to your community always override your personal freedom to inflict health and safety problems on others. These obligations are what make humans civilized. It has absolutely nothing to do with what the government wants you to do.

Bullshit. And that's a commie statement if I ever heard one. You want me to run 5 more miles for the fat bastards too? How about eat even healthier than I already do for the diabetics? How much you want me to give? [Deleted, inappropriate language] My obligations and responsibilities are at home, and no one else. It's called individualism, formerly known as American. If they can't figure it out with the monies they steal from me via taxes, they should ALL step down.

I will never give up my freedom [Deleted, inappropriate language]

If it were truly serious the border would have been slammed shut, [Deleted, inappropriate language] would not be airlifted instead of our people first. It's. All. Bullshit. And you bought it hook, line, and sinker. Congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personal responsibility and personal accountability are not in some peoples vocabulary. I am under no obligation to protect you or yours as you are under no obligation to protect me or mine.

Everyone going around thinking this is some deadlier plague than the Bubonic Plague. 2.7% worldwide infection rate with a 0.05% death rate. A statistically irrelevant way to die.

Be healthy and you have nothing to fear. If you make bad choices by you smoking, eating bad or not exercising, I will not feel bad when it finally catches up to you. If you are a victim of poor genetics...that sounds like a you and your parents problem. Not a me problem. Life doesnt come with a warning label. Turn off the TV and stop listening to the news. Your health will greatly improve after that.

The video explains very well the philosophical views of both points and even the title of it should demonstrate whether the learned professor/doctor recommends to take the vaccine or not. I personally find it hilarious that people who will spend hours defending their side and are afraid of what they may hear if they actually take the time to watch it. Not everything is a conspiracy despite what ex-glorious leader tells you. If nobody cared and wanted everybody dead, why does the medical profession even exist? (Insert new conspiracy theory and prove the Professor correct.)

Bullshit. And that's a commie statement if I ever heard one. You want me to run 5 more miles for the fat bastards too? How about eat even healthier than I already do for the diabetics? How much you want me to give? [Deleted, inappropriate language] My obligations and responsibilities are at home, and no one else. It's called individualism, formerly known as American. If they can't figure it out with the monies they steal from me via taxes, they should ALL step down.

I will never give up my freedom [Deleted, inappropriate language]

If it were truly serious the border would have been slammed shut, [Deleted, inappropriate language] would not be airlifted instead of our people first. It's. All. Bullshit. And you bought it hook, line, and sinker. Congrats.

Oh, you're another rugged individualist, otherwise known as a narcissist. You will never give up your freedom from what, kindness? It appears you are the one drinking the Koolaide.

Oh, you're another rugged individualist, otherwise known as a narcissist. You will never give up your freedom from what, kindness? It appears you are the one drinking the Koolaide.

The US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights mention freedom numerous times. I am hard pressed to find where kindness is. Would you be so kind to point out where it states that in either of those 3 documents for us?

Like I said, personal responsibility and personal accountability are just not in some peoples vocabulary nowadays. Life isnt fair. Some people think life hands them lemons and theres nothing to do with them. Then there are others who take those lemons and make lemonade out of them. I am the other person....when there are no more lemons and no more lemonade....I take the rinds and seeds and through no help of you, I grow a mighty orchard to continue handing you lemons throughout your life. Take responsibility for your own actions. Your own life. No one has your back but you.

Let's first address your illogical bridge of the two terms "Individualist" and "Narcissist"

Individualism is the moral stance, political philosophy, ideology and social outlook that emphasizes the moral worth of the individual. Individualists promote the exercise of one's goals and desires and to value independence and self-reliance and advocate that interests of the individual should achieve precedence over the state or a social group.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) or megalomania is a personality disorder characterized by a long-term pattern of exaggerated feelings of self-importance, an excessive craving for admiration, and struggles with empathy. People with NPD often spend much time daydreaming about achieving power and success, and perceive injustice for failing to do so.

These two terms are unlike each other, not synonymous.

I am gonna "kindly" tap you on the shoulder and offer an opinion. You may not realize that you are posting in a motorcyclist forum and this is relevant because many motorcyclists relish the individual nature of man, machine and road. This forum, in my humble opinion, is a wellspring of knowledge and experience with the VMAX motorcycle platform with a focus on fixing, modding, and tuning a sometimes finicky and brutally powerful machine on their own, with their own skills and hands. Self reliance and Individual achievement are applauded.

An entertaining quote:
The difference between a bicyclist and a motorcyclist is that a bicyclist insists that the world around them be mindful of their safety. A Motorcyclist expects everything around them is trying to kill them.

The US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights mention freedom numerous times. I am hard pressed to find where kindness is. Would you be so kind to point out where it states that in either of those 3 documents for us?

Like I said, personal responsibility and personal accountability are just not in some peoples vocabulary nowadays. Life isnt fair. Some people think life hands them lemons and theres nothing to do with them. Then there are others who take those lemons and make lemonade out of them. I am the other person....when there are no more lemons and no more lemonade....I take the rinds and seeds and through no help of you, I grow a mighty orchard to continue handing you lemons throughout your life. Take responsibility for your own actions. Your own life. No one has your back but you.

Your superior genetic intelligence allows you to interpret the US Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights as weapons against kindness. These documents are all subject to individual interpretation. That' s why there is a Supreme Court. I simply follow the Golden Rule. Never mistake my kindness for weakness.

You can go around with this discussion all day long and never agree.
I'll do what I feel is necessary and you do the same.
My winter plans are simple...ride the south Florida highways and byways and just enjoy life.
And if I want to stop in for a beer and a bite somewhere I WILL.

Yes. Yes, I am a rugged individualist. I am an American.

However, I am not a narcissist. I have zero F¥€is to give what you think about me, or anyone else on this planet. I want to be left alone, the polar inverse of narcissism. I am a rabid supporter of freedom, mine AND yours, and you’re throwing it down the toilet out of fear, nothing more than fear, which is F¥<king up MY freedom. You act like there’s never been sickness in human existence. Well, Skippy, we are all gonna die, get over yourself and get used to it. I’m choosing to LIVE.

Do you even ride, bro?? Seem like quite the snatch, too afraid of your own shadow. Maybe try turning off the tv.

My winter plans are simple...ride the south Florida highways and byways and just enjoy life.
And if I want to stop in for a beer and a bite somewhere I WILL.
Same here:
I've been too strict with myself in this life, my next one will be laid back with more alcohol and food, even some cigarettes. My last wish to the big yin will be to send me off somewhere it is hot and I can get a beer. :)

Yes. Yes, I am a rugged individualist. I am an American.

However, I am not a narcissist. I have zero F¥€is to give what you think about me, or anyone else on this planet. I want to be left alone, the polar inverse of narcissism. I am a rabid supporter of freedom, mine AND yours, and you’re throwing it down the toilet out of fear, nothing more than fear, which is F¥<king up MY freedom. You act like there’s never been sickness in human existence. Well, Skippy, we are all gonna die, get over yourself and get used to it. I’m choosing to LIVE.

Do you even ride, bro?? Seem like quite the snatch, too afraid of your own shadow. Maybe try turning off the tv.
Don't want to get in the Political thing here, BUT you said the magic words. 'TURN OFF THE TV!' You get on one Network there'll be this guy/lady with more credentials than used toilet paper telling us why we have to do this or that. Switch to another channel there's one with all the credentials telling us why we shouldn't. Notice I said Used Toilet Paper. The same value in both...... :p

Back