Fine, Wheels off the ground.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
I was lookin up my bogus no helmet, no insurance ticket to be sure that the case was still dismissed.:biglaugh:

I came across this, there are no higher fines listed:

Fine, Wheels off ground - motorcycle: $1,166.00, first time, every time. Pinellas County, Florida.....:ummm: That's about 3 times the fine for 29 mph over......

Damn, I guess I'm gonna have to get some 50 lb weights to hang on my front end... I don't expect to ever be stunting and get the rear up. That really takes the fun out of riding a fast bike. Maybe I should look into a really long swing arm. The front comes up a lot when the Wife's on the back, the tire grabs and don't spin. I'll get smacked on the back of my head and have to pay the fine too...:bang head::bang head:

Dave, that sounds too much like the B.S vertical license plate ban we had in Florida. I also was cited for no helmet when I in fact had the appropriate insurance. I was given the warning for the plate and it's thousand plus fine. I told the deputy Sgt he may as well take the bike at the rate he was going with the infractions. Ended up with a $114 dollar traffic device violation fine plus school costs. I think the plate thing has already been repealed. Think of all those squids with their plates tucked up under their tails totally obscured.

I know someone who got this 3 times and lost their license for 1 year. Their last fine was $1166.00... So, we must be going up hill with this crap. Pinellas need to update their fine page if this is now the case...

I never had the need to hide my plate or mount it sideways. Maybe I do now. The front just comes up some times, it just happens.:bang head:

I know someone who got this 3 times and lost their license for 1 year. Their last fine was $1166.00... So, we must be going up hill with this crap. Pinellas need to update their fine page if this is now the case...

I never had the need to hide my plate or mount it sideways. Maybe I do now. The front just comes up some times, it just happens.:bang head:

IIRC from when that law was passed, wasn't the 3rd time a felony, meaning no more voting or gun ownership? Yikes.

This just keeps getting worse. Maybe I need upward pointed rocket boosters on my front forks. God, what would they do if it was a wheelie with a car.:bang head::bang head::bang head:

The only car I've ever seen get wheels off the ground(outside of a strip) was an old Jeep CJ with an AMC V8 put in it. It would wheelie since the wheelbase was so short. It would probably endo also, but the brakes weren't strong enough to do that.

If a cop sees you with the front wheel off the ground, you're already at WOT, so just hold it there and the cop will be a memory in a few seconds. No need to stop and get all these BS fines and such.

If I had a nickel for every time I see a cop car speeding w/o the lights on, the driver on a cell phone, cutting people off, and tailgating, well, I'd have a shitload of nickels. I almost got taken out by a cop this summer who suddenly pulled out of the "no u-turn" connectors without bothering to look if there was anybody in the left lane first. Man was I glad for my R1 brakes then.

I almost got taken out by a cop this summer who suddenly pulled out of the "no u-turn" connectors without bothering to look if there was anybody in the left lane first. Man was I glad for my R1 brakes then.

Same here.. Probably 1982 on my H2 750.

I yelled at the cop. He followed for miles then nailed me for coasting through a stop sign. He asked what I yelled. "YOU ALMOST KILLED ME!" I yelled again. Boy.. I'm half the man I used to be.:rofl_200:

Sad situation in FL but you can blame those fools that show up at Daytona once or twice a year and wheelie out of control constantly...a few bad apples...well you know the saying...:confused2:

Oh , and dont forget those ' outlaw ' gang-bangers and their bad-ass biker get togethers that just embaress the rest of us...:damn angry:

13, you got that right about get'n smacked after a wheelie with ma on the back. Even by total accident, you can count on Excedrin headache number 41.
I have more problems keeping my rear from spinning than popping up on the 09 usually, but with a passenger on the back, shes a different story.

The only time I'll get the front off the ground on mine is on the 1-2 shift. Smashing it off the line just results in a burnout, even with a 170 Metz. The Venture drive probably quells that a bit also. It will loft the wheel a couple inches, never any more.

Cars and wheelies. You guys that haven't seen street wheelies must be younger than me. We had a number of cars here in the late 60's that'd pull the front wheels up. An old Henry J with a Big Block Chevy, A 63 Ford Falcon with a 427 Ford. I worked on a 67 Mustang Coupe with some friends right out of High School. It had Bobby Allison's Spare 427 Ford in it with a 5:38 rear. The motor was pushing 650 hp at the wheels with a single 4 barrel... It did scary wheelies with real slicks. Those were the days...:clapping:

Outlaw Bikers??? We're all very mellow compared to what we used to be....:rofl_200:

It's the Crotchketeers that are rowdy now days... :biglaugh:

Back