Fjr parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Has anyone put a clutch master from a FJR mid 2000's on the max? anyone know the bore diameter of it?

thanks

Yes, garrett has it now. Was from 05 or 06. Bore was 14mm. As far as I know all years fjr had the same bore diameter. Brake masters changed bores over the years though.

stock is almost 16mm i think eh? think i talked to garrett about this before. with the smaller cylinder its as if he just gets enough pull to disengage the clutch. not what im looking for. maybe someones got a idea on how to chg that.

i never had a problem with the clutch. its the brake side i'm not crazy about. the clutch is an inch or so off the bars, and even with the DD it didn't change the feel much.

Has anyone put a clutch master from a FJR mid 2000's on the max? anyone know the bore diameter of it?

thanks

Do what I did Rov....I bought both FJR front masters, brake & clutch, and asked them to leave the bike attached!! Kinda expensive but I'm happy! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Do what I did Rov....I bought both FJR front masters, brake & clutch, and asked them to leave the bike attached!! Kinda expensive but I'm happy! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

+1
Hey Danny how are you enjoying the new ride. I love mine. The Max will always be my first love. My FJR is just better in different ways

funny how flea bay lead me to looking at FJR's today, is that how it starts out man????:ummm:

i never had a problem with the clutch. its the brake side i'm not crazy about. the clutch is an inch or so off the bars, and even with the DD it didn't change the feel much.

so not too different then stock eh?

think its nicer feel with the Fjr then a stock set up, especially with the DD?

so not too different then stock eh?

think its nicer feel with the Fjr then a stock set up, especially with the DD?

i think the fjr in general provides more pressure per pull so i think once i went FJR it was an easier pull, now i'm back to maybe 120-150% of what the stock one was. never notice it unless i'm at a stop light honestly, and even then its not bad. plus the shorty levers i have on order will help probably , i can run the clutch lever adjusted all the way in and as far as i can tell it still releases as i can push the bike backward while sitting on it in gear with the clutch in. i don't think theres any drag if i can do that.

i would do the fjr master clutch again in a heartbeat. still not sold on the fjr brake master. i also would do the DD again. being able to power wheelie in 2nd is pretty f'n cool.

i think the fjr in general provides more pressure per pull so i think once i went FJR it was an easier pull, now i'm back to maybe 120-150% of what the stock one was. never notice it unless i'm at a stop light honestly, and even then its not bad. plus the shorty levers i have on order will help probably , i can run the clutch lever adjusted all the way in and as far as i can tell it still releases as i can push the bike backward while sitting on it in gear with the clutch in. i don't think theres any drag if i can do that.

i would do the fjr master clutch again in a heartbeat. still not sold on the fjr brake master. i also would do the DD again. being able to power wheelie in 2nd is pretty f'n cool.

mmm interesting, well might have to pick up that master and try it out.

+1
Hey Danny how are you enjoying the new ride. I love mine. The Max will always be my first love. My FJR is just better in different ways

Hey Fargo....how ya doin'? Right after I got F Jr. we got a big ice storm, trees down, power knocked out for almost a week, so all I've done is look at it while gasing up the generator! :rofl_200:

But I know I'm gonna like it once I get to ride it.

Never sell '99' but I agree, the FJR will be great in different ways!

funny how flea bay lead me to looking at FJR's today, is that how it starts out man????:ummm:

Oh man.....yer doomed!! That's exactly how it started with me!

But look on the bright side....you'll have the FJR masters you wanted....right? :rofl_200:

Oh man.....yer doomed!! That's exactly how it started with me!

But look on the bright side....you'll have the FJR masters you wanted....right? :rofl_200:

ahhhhhh man oh man, i still vote that garrett is the MM in human form and the route of all evil........ thanks man thanks :rofl_200::rofl_200:

so maybe i will buy it, maybe!!!!!!! atleast yo uwill have a source for a spare dan-o if you need one hahahha

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and when i installed the Barnet clutch and pressure plate the pull was to hard for me and the fjr clutch master does the job for me. The fjr years 2003 and 2004 masters have the mirrow mounts.

Yes I did, and there is no slippage with the Barnet setup, I sey the lever adjustment on #1 although with it on #3 I can still get neutral with bike stopped

sweet. just found one on ebay but its a 05, not sure if it has a spot for the mirror, looks like there is a cap in the spot, or would have to drill and tap threads into the casting.

Latest posts

Back