FL Highway Patrol: 157 mph & we can't keep up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See? That's why bikes need functioning gas gauges! No more of this low fuel light nonscense.
Hell, I was riding my R1 last year on the freeway, in the carpool lane, and the light comes on. I put on my blinker to move over to the right and take an exit- and the damn bike runs out of gas. So basically my light is a "hey you're out of gas. Right now." light. durp.

I've been in a similar situation and believe the guys story. Sometimes you honestly don't even register you are going way too fast on a bike. Difference for my case would be I went into gtfo mode when I realized a cop was after me, the rest is history :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

“He just passed me at 135 going eastbound,” that trooper says on his radio. “The road is wet. I’m not going to pursue.” Later, that same trooper says, “Signal 14. My 2nd clock. He’s about 157.”
157MPH ON FUCKIN WET ROADS?!?!?!
My reaction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmMYFEsl-B0

“My record is clean,” he said.
NOT ANYMORE!!!

red_dumbass.jpg

When i was living in Del Rio TX i used to have a 04 R1 (i know i know) and on a saturday morning i had to attend boating classes on lake amistad in order to get my permit to rent the base leisure boats. Those classes were like 1 per month and i left late so i sped up a bit and unfortunately passed by a state trooper heading opposite direction and i didn't see him, it was a sunny day on a big road (the one that goes NW bound to big bend national park).
Another coincidence was the fact that to go to the marina i had to leave that major road and take an offturn towards the lake amistad dam in which there is a border control with Mexico. I just took notice of what was going on when i was taking a left and faintly heard the sirens behind me. I slowly turned my head back out of curiosity and i saw a state trooper tucking behind his car door with a 45 pointed towards me and shouting a lot. I was shocked... it was my first time that i had to actually put my hands up and walk away and hit the concrete and a knee on my back and questions being shout at me still trying to realize what the hell was going on there.
Got a pair of bracelets and went to get fairly acquainted with the state troopers cars front seat. All and all what happened? I passed by him at about 85 on a 70 area and he did a U turn to catch up then i accelerated to 100 (coincidence and i was late for classes as mentioned before). I never saw him until i had a 45 pointed at me.
What did he think? (remember it s a border town) he passed by me, turned the sirens on and i accelerated towards the border, he caught up and heard a guy with a funny accent and so on.
My bike was impounded and i went to the local judge to explain. I got almost 500 dollars in fines for not yelding and for speeding.
We became " friends" as when the impound guy went to take the bike i was shouting at him that he had the straps wrong and the bike would tip over. I repeatedly mentioned that to the officer prior to be taken away to the station. When everything got sorted i went for the bike and it was damaged on the side from tipping over (which i didnt see as i was explaining the judge what happened), the dudes from the tow company declined any responsibility on that, i was pissed... Went back to the station and looked for the officer that caught me and explained what happened and remind him that i had already mentioned that it was wrongly fixed at the scene. He was a cool guy and replied that he recalled that and if i had any problems resolving it he wouldn't mind testifying about it.
I left the bike at a local repair shop and informed the tow guys that the bike was there for fixing and i was going to pick it up within a week and let them know about my talk with the police. A week later i went for the bike and the bill had been payed... LOL... what a story hein?...
So there are some details in which i can believe from this dude. When riding fast its not easy to be aware police is in your tail unless you deliberately look for them.

Back