Flasher relay question??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnout

Reaction score
I have a 2000 vmax and when I turn on the blinkers it doesn't turn off unless I push in the button with my thumb?? Is this "normal"?? I thought it would turn off by it self after time or distance.Thanks for any help!!

Re: Flasher relay quistion??

I have a 2000 vmax and when I turn on the blinkers it doesn't turn off unless I push in the button with my thumb?? Is this "normal"?? I thought it would turn off by it self after time or distance.Thanks for any help!!

It may be sticking but the bike comes with the self cancelation... I never use it though...

I'm jealoous. My 85 didn't come with self cancelers. I think I may need to upgrade.:thumbs up:

Cancels after 10 seconds or 490 feet (conditional). Will not cancel sitting still as per page 7-41 of the VMX1200 service manual.

:cheers:

Neil

I'm jealoous. My 85 didn't come with self cancelers. I think I may need to upgrade.:thumbs up:

It should have...something been changed on it???

Neil

I believe all years came with them, but I hear they are notorious for failing. Must be an overtaxing job for the electronics, turning off a blinker! :icon_rolleyes:

Ofcourse it takes so much more effort to move a thumb half an inch...:clapping:

LOL.. true.. the problem is when you forget and ride around for half the day with it flashing!:biglaugh:

Back