flywheel pull

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Man that flywheel is being a BEOOOCH!! I used a dead blow hammer, impact, penetrating oil, and heat. No go! back at it again tomorrow.

Kinda shy on witch doctors in these parts. Maybe some chicken blood and a few chants.

Q: Can I put too much heat on it? As in, are there rubber or plastic parts behind the flywheel? Just don't want to get carried away and melt something.

Yep it very hard to remove especially at the first time.

I've use diffrent puller then yama one. posted it here couple of times.
Simply punch with 6-8lbs hammer and i do not met bitch that can opposite me.

No, heat wont hurt you but the question how much heat do you want to use?

Lets say 300-400 'C and it wont help you then 1000 wont.

More then 500 'C can couse some damages to journals and plane bearings not mention to aluminium block.

Man that flywheel is being a BEOOOCH!! I used a dead blow hammer, impact, penetrating oil, and heat. No go! back at it again tomorrow.

Make sure you are using a high quality bolt. If you are not then they are stretching and you are not doing very much actual pulling on the flywheel.

Works every time... Puller

That is a good puller, although he hardly ever has it in stock!

Jeff, where we at with drawing up our bolt adapters? I am sure I could get a few guys on here to step up and buy a set.

Sean

That is a great question Sean... I better get busy!!!! I'll need to do some digging since that was on my old company laptop and my home computer's hard drive crashed... let me see what I can come up with.

Thanks,

Jeff

Latest posts

Back