Forward mid controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I'm about to attempt making my own forward mid controls. Just wondering if anyone else had attempted and might have some helpful hints. I'm going to use an extra right control for the right side, and just move the other side forward. Obviously going to have to make some adapters and adjustment arms.

Anythings possible. Look through the garage section of this forum, and you will find other members' bikes with forward controls...this will give you a good idea of the bends and geometry needed.

I'm about to attempt making my own forward mid controls. Just wondering if anyone else had attempted and might have some helpful hints. I'm going to use an extra right control for the right side, and just move the other side forward. Obviously going to have to make some adapters and adjustment arms.
One of my projects for this upcoming winter, Sweetwill. What I want is more of a "dual control" arrangement - that is, retaining the original brake and shifter positions, but having them operate from a more forward position as well. I think the brake should be easier - an adjustable turnbuckle rod attached to the brake lever near the footpad, going to a fixed lower point, then to a rod attached to the back pivoting end of the forward brake lever. Probably involve some mock-ups and experimenting, but I think very do-able. The shifter may be a tad more involved.
let us know what you come up with! Cheers, Miles

He stock foot control brackets will actually bolt through the mtor mount holes on the front. I know that's not really mid controls, but considering how much easier that would make it...
Some spacer to bring them out a bit, and some turnbuckles and a little work, and this is very doable. I still need to get a new left control assembly to rig that side up but I'm getting all worked up about it now.

Yeah, I've looked at those a bunch, but that comes out to like 1400 dollars. I definitely can't afford that, and I'd prefer to keep a stock style appearance. Never have been big on shiny aftermarket stuff. Mine well be powdercoated black, and will only set me back about a bill and a few hours work.

Here's a pic of the right side control mounted forward as a mockup.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 89
Every product line has a "best of the best" and the PSI 440 Series shocks are just that. We wrap our proven progressive rate spring around a state of the art damper and top (and bottom!) it off with machined aluminum
end caps.

A top mount threaded preload adjuster allows for fine tuning with a simple twist of the cap and the 440 Series is available in 2 finishes and multiple spring rates as well as the ideal stock or lowered length for your bike.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 67
Back