Found an 07 NOS today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ended up buying a 1995 from a guy in Florida...I hope it is in Fire-Medics possession as I type.....

I ended up buying a 1995 from a guy in Florida...I hope it is in Fire-Medics possession as I type.....

Yes, it is, and will be on its way via the VMax Express Telegraph tomorrow morning! Congratulations, "a113ycat!" I didn't want to say anything until you did. It is safely bedded-down for the night.

Yes, it is, and will be on its way via the VMax Express Telegraph tomorrow morning! Congratulations, "a113ycat!" I didn't want to say anything until you did. It is safely bedded-down for the night.
Thank you and captainkyle too!!:clapping::clapping:
The pictures look good cant wait to see it in person.

Attachments

• VMaxTX1.jpg
    VMaxTX1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 35
  • VMaxTX2.jpg
    VMaxTX2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 34
Spoke w/Kyle, we are all en route. He is bringing Dave, SpecOps13. A spectacular day for travel thru the Everglades ! Maybe 5% cloud cover.

Awesome!! Have a safe trip and watch out for the gators!!:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Big Cypress National Preserve, home to the FL panther, Collier Co. The Collier family bought most of Briggs Cunningham's NY auto museum. They have one of the world's largest Porsche collections outside of Stuggart.

Done deal! The bike is on leg #2 of its TX trip. Kyle & Dave are now 'in-person' friends as well as on the 'net. I am gonna have to make one of their tech days.

Thank you and captainkyle too!!:clapping::clapping:
The pictures look good cant wait to see it in person.

Sharp looking bike!

Any idea what the top part of the rear grab rail is from, or is it home-made? The sides are from an OEM accessory sissy-bar right?

Congrats!

Sharp looking bike!

Any idea what the top part of the rear grab rail is from, or is it home-made? The sides are from an OEM accessory sissy-bar right?

Congrats!
Ive been trying to figure that out too... When I talked to the seller he told me that there was a Corbin seat the had been modded to have a slip in backrest so that the grab rail didnt hve to be removed. The back rest was made at a machine shop for him so maybe they did the custom grab rail at the same time... I havent seen the bike in person yet so I cannot say for sure.

That is correct, a custom-fabricated piece from the marine industry in Ft. Lauderdale, ordered by the former owner. We'll call it a Low-profile Compound-contour Grab Rail Bridge Device, or LoCo GR-B-D.

Who wants one? It should be fairly easy to scan it into an autocad program, the question is, what will the price-point be? Making a die to cast them would be expensive, but so is producing one from billet.

Let's hear from the multitude as to your "willingness-to-pay." The backrest 'highboy' piece, just the aluminum loop, w/o the backrest pad, is $197 @ ronayres.com

My contention, if they can bring this in about $125 or less I think it could sell. It does look cool!

That sounds interesting for sure. Nice value-add
punk0000.gif

When I owned my first vmax I had the factory sissy bar for pillion use, but never liked the look of it when not in use (too high), so found the Virago grab rail which slides into the sissy bar sides, but was lower. Still didn't like it so returned to stock. But, I like the look of what this bike has. Seemingly stock appearance, but offers the function of sliding in the backrest (I assume). Definitely post up some more photos when you take possession !

Firemedic, didn't realize a LoCo GR-B-D (nice ring to it.. very intuitive!) could be so easily re-engineered :)

That sounds interesting for sure. Nice value-add
punk0000.gif

When I owned my first vmax I had the factory sissy bar for pillion use, but never liked the look of it when not in use (too high), so found the Virago grab rail which slides into the sissy bar sides, but was lower. Still didn't like it so returned to stock. But, I like the look of what this bike has. Seemingly stock appearance, but offers the function of sliding in the backrest (I assume). Definitely post up some more photos when you take possession !

Firemedic, didn't realize a LoCo GR-B-D (nice ring to it.. very intuitive!) could be so easily re-engineered :)

Well, I am not a machinist, just like I am not a mechanic. However, I know some. Like today, whan I met CaptainKyle for the first time, after bugging him with questions on the internet through this site, and his 'ride-along' protector, "SpecOps13," or Dave. Two guys who have been patient and who answer questions by guys like me, who have a thirst for knowledge, so tomorrow I will know more than today.

If you have the right tooling, the right software, and the right digitizer, you can 3-D scan something, store its data, and unleash the CAD-CAM beast to re-create whatever your heart desires (and your wallet can stand!) There are businesses where you can get a rapid-prototype done and they will quote you production costs based on volume. SInce this is never going to be a big seller (think 'dozens' instead of 20,000 units) the cost is going to be higher than if it was volume produced. Now, here's a thought-since it can be used for Viragos too, let's see if any Virago forums are interested-enough to drive-down the price of production via volume!

One of my boyhood schoolmates owns a Rust Belt city machine shop, a tool & die business. They order dies from India or China and then clean them up for use because they are not as close to specifications as they need to be for their customer base. But, they cannot compete with overseas die manufacturers, so this is what they do. He continues to operate as other business owners throw-in the towel, and then he buys their tooling-cheap. This is what an American business owner has to do to keep the doors open.

Anyway, anyone got any input here? I have posed some ideas, what kind of interest/support is there?

Oh, and here's some guys hangin' in FL (notice the flags, USA, Florida, and P.O.W.-M.I.A.):

Attachments

• Accord_1315 demo_bike 075.jpg
    Accord_1315 demo_bike 075.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Accord_1315 demo_bike 080.jpg
    Accord_1315 demo_bike 080.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 22
OK, here's a slew of shots from getting the VMax from Ft. Lauderdale on its way to a113ycat in TX. I crossed the Everglades, passed Thomas Edison's winter home, and met CaptalnKyle and SpecOps13 in Ft. Myers. I had the windows down and my Sirius/XM on Deep Tracks the entire way. It was a wonderful day for travel, and a great day to meet in-person two good guys whose easy-going styles are reflective of how they conduct themselves on the forum.

I feel sorry for you guys up North, we're just getting into the best riding time here!

Attachments

• Accord_1315 demo_bike 070.jpg
    Accord_1315 demo_bike 070.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Accord_1315 demo_bike 072.jpg
    Accord_1315 demo_bike 072.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Accord_1315 demo_bike 073.jpg
    Accord_1315 demo_bike 073.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Accord_1315 demo_bike 078.jpg
    Accord_1315 demo_bike 078.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 18
I think Im going to have to track down another set of engine guards, I had 2 chrome sets in my inventory..they both sold.

I think Im going to have to track down another set of engine guards, I had 2 chrome sets in my inventory..they both sold.
I have a set of fresh powdercoated black ones here. Bike needs a rear tire to I have a bridgestone that has 80-90% tread left I could make you a deal on & put it on the bike if you would like.

I have a set of fresh powdercoated black ones here. Bike needs a rear tire to I have a bridgestone that has 80-90% tread left I could make you a deal on & put it on the bike if you would like.

PM me about the engine guards.

I already have a new set of tires here at my shop waiting for the bike. I just bought a 1000 tires from a distribution center so Im rubber rich right now.

a113ycat: I could sure use a budget like yours must be. 1 month would catch me up for years to come....

Latest posts

Back