Found an 07 NOS today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha!!! Still waiting on the guy to send me his PayPal address to send payment. No word yet....Hope I dont loose out on this one too:confused2::confused2:
Deposit sent the deal is done...now we wait

Maybe its just the universe telling me that I dont need it. I mean 7500 would do a ton of mods to my 85 right?? .

Good call. A year after I bought my second Vmax I was wondering WTF was I thinking.

Possessions weigh you down. One bike at a time.

Edit.. Guess I should have read the entire post.:biglaugh:

Good call. A year after I bought my second Vmax I was wondering WTF was I thinking.

Possessions weigh you down. One bike at a time.

Edit.. Guess I should have read the entire post.:biglaugh:
Have you seen the list of current possessions in his signature? Unless you live in an apartment and have noplace to store your fleet, I would never just have 1 bike.

I would have bought this one first if I didn't have a promise to my wife for $$ home improvements.

I now have 4 bikes, 2 trucks and a boat... I spend all my free time fixing and making sure everything still runs...
Too many Toys can be a bad thing.... I'm too dumb for that to register.... Where do I find time to shoot any more????:rofl_200:

BTW: Congrats on your new 07.......:clapping::clapping::clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1wg1DNHbNU

And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
This is not my beautiful wife!
And you may ask yourself
Am I right?...Am I wrong?
MY GOD!...WHAT HAVE I DONE?
:rofl_200:

Yeah, a great song from earlier days. I think that as long as the health, finances, and relationships hold up, being a consumer is not a bad thing. First thing to get liquidated is the toy list, when your personal fortunes turn sour.

A113ycat is going to have a newer ride w/plenty of room to mod in his budget compared to the ~$9K he was being quoted for owning Gen 1 technology. I doubt he could spend up to that on this bike w/o splitting cases & doing substantial engine mods.

Awhile ago, I posted pics of my friend's shop where he was building a 1500 cc motor for someone w/$$. It also ran a blue bottle. He lasted a couple of months w/it before he lost it in some gravel & trashed it. Now it sits at the same shop, waiting for the parts to come in, he needs a rt. passenger grab rail & a sissy bar/pad. I might post it up in the wanted section if you have anything like that.

And congratulations to perseverance on the part of a113ycat, glad to help, we have a great forum, and I am happy to read all these entertaining posts daily!:biglaugh:

My 58 hundred dollar, 2007 VMax (Now have 2 Maxs), with about 35 hundred miles on the clock.
Shortly after I got it home.
How could I resist?

Jester 42

Attachments

• March 3, 2011.jpg
    March 3, 2011.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 12
Yup. Sorry to get off topic here a113ycat. After seeing your bike list, it got me thinking about stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

:clapping::clapping::clapping::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::worthy::worthy::worthy::confused2::confused2::confused2:

I knew George personally I met him several years before he died and he was funny as hell no matter what. Ill tell you what I told him when I met him..

I was pretty young when I heard the album with "stuff" on it, that joke that quintessential definition of what the human race was about made me laugh and also made me think...Its stuff that we find ourselves defining ourselves by. If that makes sense to you great; he got it right away because that was what he was after in that joke.

I grew up very poor and never had much. My father went away when I was 3 and I never really got to know him until I was a grown man. So having stuff is to me a sense of security, like a lot of people will hold up and save money or whatever their thing is. My thing has been motorcycles all my life. I am in my early 40's now and each year buy and sell more motorcycles than any one person with a hoarding addiction would own in a life time. My friends and family call it my "Crack" and it is in a way...Im a bike addict.
I do not have a wife; and my girlfriends when Im lucky enough to have one usually have to take a back seat to my business which is all motorcycle related. I found a love a replacement for my missing father in the form of a 2 wheeled machine that centers me. So I pursue it.
I know in myt heart of hearts that it is only stuff and it will be gone one day, or when Im gone the person that gets them will not feel the way I do about my bikes. But honestly life is too short I have seen millions made and lost by many and when it is all said and done we all leave with exactly what we got here with....nothing...

When I had this conversation with Mr. Carlin when he was alive we both had a laugh about it.

The most profound statement I have read on this forum is Ninjneers signature(not the Abe Lincoln quote) the 4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul.

I do not ride or drive everything I own on any given day but I do ride or drive everything...eventually

My 58 hundred dollar, 2007 VMax (Now have 2 Maxs), with about 35 hundred miles on the clock.
Shortly after I got it home.
How could I resist?

Jester 42
That my friend is a very nice machine!

:clapping::clapping::clapping::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::worthy::worthy::worthy::confused2::confused2::confused2:

I found a love a replacement for my missing father in the form of a 2 wheeled machine that centers me. So I pursue it.
I know in my heart of hearts that it is only stuff and it will be gone one day, or when Im gone the person that gets them will not feel the way I do about my bikes. But honestly life is too short I have seen millions made and lost by many and when it is all said and done we all leave with exactly what we got here with....nothing...

Well said.

My mom passed away, and the day of her funeral my dad fell and broke his hip and just passed last week. Now I have their "stuff". I dont want it. I want them. Maybe thats why I have this " possessions are weighing me down" issue lately and need to simplify my life.

Reading these heartfelt comments, I know life is transient, but the way we behave is recalled after we leave by those who knew us. With the passage of that generation, our existence becomes one of hearsay only of interest to those who trace family lineages. Church or county records, a family bible, these are the final resting places of the memory of our existence. Then, we are possessed by the societal records of our being. Possession is a matter of relativity.

I've always felt a persons wealth is not based on worldly posessions but the number of true friends and respect earned from others while here on earth.......................I see a lot of "rich" folks on here!...........................Tom.

Rich in that most people are here to help others... Makes for a
better world in restoring the faith that good people still exist....

Yes, possessions are just "stuff" in the final analysis.

Possessions mean nothing when compared to the feelings & relationships you have/had with special members of your family, and special friends. Seldom does a day go by that I don't think about my Mother. Anything good about me; I got it from her. Dad was out of my life at 13.

Before my Mother passed away, she & I had a long talk about the distribution of her "stuff"; she was making out her will. I told her I wasn't interested in her "stuff"; was more concerned about her needs. I didn't really need her "stuff", and told her I'd be happy if she left it all to my 2 sisters. They needed it more than I did. She did just that; almost.......... About a month after her passing, I received a check for $5,000.00; a payout from one of her life insurance policies. I think she set it up that way; kind of a "gotcha" they she probably laughed about before she passed.

I took some of her "stuff" that sisters, and grandkids didn't want, and sold it at auction.

Then I took all the money, and for 6 years in a row, I gave away a $1,000.00 college scholarship award, in my mother's name, to a graduating student (who really needed the help) at the school where my mother taught for over 30 years. My mother had worked her way through college(during the depression) by working in the college cafeteria, and also by picking & chopping cotton. She also received help from her older sister (also a teacher), who had worked her way through college the same way my mother did.

You can do some positive things with "stuff", if you make an effort to do so. May even make you feel a little better.

Jester 42

What a awsome tribute to your mothers legacy!............She raised a respectful son................................Tom.

'jester42,' that is why this is a great country, she came from a humble background, yet she has an influence beyond her years due to your rememberance of her. My contention is that the people whom you have helped will offer similar assistance when they reach the stage in their lives where they are facing similar options.

Without divulging our own plans that my wife and I have, the option you chose is one of the best choices which could be made, and you don't have to have a large estate to do it. Many not-for-profits have estate planning programs to assist you in humanitarian distributions in such a fashion. Congratulations to your mother who raised an empathetic son largely on her own, and to you for recognizing the value of helping others in the name of your mother.

Latest posts

Back