Found my candidate for hypercharging!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
Ok so i mentioned before i was planning on doing this project in preperation for getting a Morleys Muscle Jet Kit and now Ive found the way!

These Hyperchargers run on a single vacuum port and cost at a minimum $150 bucks....I have a guy im picking this one up from on Saturday for $30

I run functional velocity stacks through my tank right now but Im replacing them with this, and the plan is to simply "plug it in" to one of our vacuum ports that we sync off of.(hope it works as well as it sounds)

It should look like this Wakan Roadster below.Lemme know some thoughts but dont be too brutal cause ive still got myself convinced this is ganna be BITCHIN! lol

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 29
You would be better off building your own. but at $30, you can't pass it up.

I know a few people who had them on thier harley, they talked about the claim of 8-9hp increase was a load of shit. Several of them were removed and sacrificed to the eBay gods. They look pretty cool, but offer very little performance upgrade. A couple of guys went with the forcewinder piece like I had on my chopper. They seemed to like that one better.

Attachments

• KJ_Chopper2.jpg
    KJ_Chopper2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 31
Yeah, I've seen dyno's/reviews from several bikes and there wasn't any gain.

I had thought of doing this before just because I thought it would look cool. They dont do jack squat for performance actually hurt it sometimes. I usually try to talk people out of getting them even though I do think they look cool but thats about all there good for.

I should have clarified, I aplogise.
My stacks feed cool air onto the top of the airbox and this will do the same.
I too have heard they kill performance with a vengeance. I mainly want to do it for looks, I like the butterflies flapping with the throttle. It just looks tough!

But the main goal is it's going to allow a little more cool fresh air through the tank lid onto my future Morleys kit, wich leaves plenty of surface area ontop of the air box to slurp up cold air!

So no fear, I won't be McGuyver'ing this thing actually to the carbs.

There is a wierd airflow pattern that comes in over the instruments. I'm not so sure if the air collection would be any better than what you have now, unless you raise the thing up to grab some clean air. I'm going to set up the video cam and take some vids of the flow pattern on mine. It will be a little different then yours, because I have a lone shift light where the speedo used to be, vs. your speedo and mini cowel. But, you'll get the idea.

What I did for the wind testing was;
used pieces of thin wood dowels (1/4" and less) at various heights, then hot glued them around the faux tank and then attached some string to the top of each peg. I then put a high speed fan in front of the bike. it worked okay, but needed more windspeed. Enter the 200mph leaf blower. I has a friend stand in front of my bike at varying distances to see the wind flow over the faux tank. Wind speed was regulated by the distance between the blower and the bike. The speed was measured by a wind speed and direction meter from my shooting bag.

I've been thinking about going with one of boxxenstop's scooped faux. With a little sealing foam around the filter on morley's kit, you'll have a fully functional scoop.

For the bling I bought the flap/scoop mechanism from an 80's Z28 with the crossfire injection, to open and close in sync with the Vboost opening.

Latest posts

Back