Found some prospects...(ontario)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
1.) 1999 Vmax - 32k (Approx $4500) - black in colour
2.) 1985 Vmax -50+K ($3500) starter gear acts up occasionally. White in colour.

Both advising they need nothing major for cert.

My question is this..

Are the upgrades and slightly lower kms of the 99 worth the extra 1k in price for the new Vmax?

I am thinking that it's likely a good idea to get the 99max - as it's newer, and likely will need less in the short run.
________
volcano classic

Last edited:

My question is this..

Are the upgrades and slightly lower kms of the 99 worth the extra 1k in price for the new Vmax?

I am thinking that it's likely a good idea to get the 99max - as it's newer, and likely will need less in the short run.

Ghost, the 99 is a better deal than the 85. Upgraded electronics, larger front forks, front brakes and rotors, etc....

But the 1985 is the original model year of the max.

Good luck in your search

Mike

My question is this..

get the 99. well worth the upgrades. unless you are looking for a true collectors item, then go for the '85. you will probably, with th e85, have to deal with the first years flaws, as with any new design

The 99....

Was not what I was looking for... the stock exhaust had some rust on it... a lot of the bolts in and around the engine area were corroded - and the Carbon fiber look? I didn't like it at all.
________
ipad guides

Last edited:
Hey Ghost, there's one up here in Sudbury - 1999 with 21,000kms - painted copper color - asking $5900 - it's listed on Kijiji item#125734265 - if your interested I can check it out for you and give you an idea if it's worth it.

Let me know.

Mike

I'm actually from Sudbury originally. If it's still available I may just check it out.

I kinda like the copper - but not too sure bout it.

Thanks for your offer for help! Maybe if it's still available when I go up - I'd love a second set of eyes. As I don't really know bikes like most of you guys.
________
RD350

Last edited:
That's a clean looking bike and only 20,000km's. It's only just broken in. Too bad I'm building a garage this year or I'd probably take a serious look at it.

I just found a 97 with 45000kms and the guys willing to let her go for 4k.

My only problem with the bike as is - is it has a SINGLE hindle exhaust.
To me, a Vmax should always be dual.

Does that sound like a decent price? 4k certified.
________
Ford Kent engine specifications

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the color too much, they are easy to paint or have painted. Both fenders, faux tank, and side covers are ez to remove. Just choose the Colorite paint to match your year and any body shop can quickly spray it.

Well. The ball is in their court now :)

I offered to leave my deposit via phone / credit card and I should know by tomorrow if I am the newest owner of the Mr.Max.
________
Materia

Last edited:
Back