found this funky spring thing in my gas tray

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZRX/V-MAX

Reaction score
I found this thing in my rubber gas "funnel" the other day and I'm scratching my head.

it is u shaped, about three inches tall and 1-2 inches wide, with a lip or hook in the center section.

any thoughts or ideas?

i'll try and snap a pic later.

TIA..........................Neal

Is it part #16 in this attachment?

Attachments

• seat (496 x 703).jpg
    seat (496 x 703).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 64
I found this thing in my rubber gas "funnel" the other day and I'm scratching my head.

it is u shaped, about three inches tall and 1-2 inches wide, with a lip or hook in the center section.

any thoughts or ideas?

i'll try and snap a pic later.

TIA..........................Neal

clux fapacitor?

DSC00880.jpg

You mean this thing? I would like to know what it is to. Been sitting in my tool pouch for about 2 years now when mysteriously appearing after I took the seat off. Seat seems to operate fine w/o it.

It is a support for the rubber tray. It goes in the front section. If you look closely, you will see two holes that the ends of the wire go into in the rubber tray. The curved part faces the gas filler.

It is a support for the rubber tray. It goes in the front section. If you look closely, you will see two holes that the ends of the wire go into in the rubber tray. The curved part faces the gas filler.

MC, with the 411. Knowing him, he's got three spares in his garage. :biglaugh:

View attachment 4393

You mean this thing? I would like to know what it is to. Been sitting in my tool pouch for about 2 years now when mysteriously appearing after I took the seat off. Seat seems to operate fine w/o it.

That's it!

Thanks m-cman for the help

actually, thanks everyone for the replies.

regards.....................Neal

View attachment 4393

OMG! I found the same thing under my seat. It just showed up one day and I had no clue what it was and where it came from. So I've left it in there and figured the answer would come one day!

AND TODAY IS THAT DAY! WOOOHOOO!

:clapping:

Ha ha!! Mine's been sitting on my workbench since I tool my seat off too!!

Thanks!

evidently it's some kind of hidden Yamaha design flaw.

maybe we should have Sean redesign the part for proper function!

Back