Front Brake Switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad-Max89

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had had issues with front brake switch. I think I have a short in wire between switch and rear break. It started last year thought wire was loose or something because rear break light kept shorting out. So the only way I thought was to wiggle end of wire thats connected to switch. It worked for awhile, thinking the switch was bad bought a new switch replaced it but still not working. Not sure but looked in clymer manuel and see that wire goes from switch to rear break pedal somehow. Just checking to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Also trying to figure the best way of fixing this issue. How hard is it to replace the wire from switch to back break.

Not understanding the issue here. So are you blowing the fuse or is the switch just shorting and the brake light is on all the time?

I have a wiring diagram I can post , but I don't know what year model its for.

Just wondering if anyone had had issues with front brake switch. I think I have a short in wire between switch and rear break. It started last year thought wire was loose or something because rear break light kept shorting out. So the only way I thought was to wiggle end of wire thats connected to switch. It worked for awhile, thinking the switch was bad bought a new switch replaced it but still not working. Not sure but looked in clymer manuel and see that wire goes from switch to rear break pedal somehow. Just checking to see if anyone else has had the same problem. Also trying to figure the best way of fixing this issue. How hard is it to replace the wire from switch to back break.

Back