Front forks air pressure

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waylander

Reaction score
Just want to double check that I'm reading my manual right. Min to max is 5.7-14.2psi?

My front end feels really soft from what I remember so thinking that when the shop replaced the fork seals they didn't put air in the upper part. Want to make sure I've got the right info before going and probably blowing my seals again putting air in it.

Just want to double check that I'm reading my manual right. Min to max is 5.7-14.2psi?

My front end feels really soft from what I remember so thinking that when the shop replaced the fork seals they didn't put air in the upper part. Want to make sure I've got the right info before going and probably blowing my seals again putting air in it.

I believe that's right M8...

I would suggest some real springs in them. You will be amazed by the difference! :drool:

im not saying this is the right thinh to do but, i went approx. 5k w/ 21 psi in the front forks,i know:surprise: wtf was this guy thinkin?,will it worked for me (new bike 06 model prob one good reason seals didnt go)
luck or not didnt waste any seals, but still not what i was lookin for,alot better, but still short of what i wanted. finally went w/ racetech fork springs,big diff.
just my 2ct

im not saying this is the right thinh to do but, i went approx. 5k w/ 21 psi in the front forks,i know:surprise: wtf was this guy thinkin?,will it worked for me (new bike 06 model prob one good reason seals didnt go)
luck or not didnt waste any seals, but still not what i was lookin for,alot better, but still short of what i wanted. finally went w/ racetech fork springs,big diff.
just my 2ct

Suuuuure rub in those racetech's.....
thaaaaaanks!
Maybe Santa will bring me a pair this year. LOL!

I have the progressive springs installed, the guy I bought the bike from had this done. He said the guy that put the springs in put 6lbs in there. I have read a few posts that said if you install progressive to let all the air out. The manual says keep a minimum of 5.7 lbs. Seems to be real stiff. Just wondered if I let all the air out will the seals be damaged and will I be able to use the air at a later date if wanted. All replies appreciated.

Suuuuure rub in those racetech's.....
thaaaaaanks!
Maybe Santa will bring me a pair this year. LOL!

Do you know how unbveliveably cheap they are? :ummm:

I have the progressive springs installed, the guy I bought the bike from had this done. He said the guy that put the springs in put 6lbs in there. I have read a few posts that said if you install progressive to let all the air out. The manual says keep a minimum of 5.7 lbs. Seems to be real stiff. Just wondered if I let all the air out will the seals be damaged and will I be able to use the air at a later date if wanted. All replies appreciated.

Take all the pressure out...:thumbs up: I helped my buddy do his with the progressives and he uses no air at all!

Heh all you people liking softer rides.

I've now got the Shocks at 12psi (leaving room for those really big bumps) and they are still to soft for my taste. But then I like the better control/feel you have on a sportsbike because of the stiffer suspension.

Racetechs are definitely in the cards for me, just a bit hard to get a set down here.

Well I guess they are cheaper than what I thought, I guess I'll be moving them up on the wish list.
Thanks guys.

With my forks sent out to Race-Tech and having emulators, springs and oil installed was less than 400 shipped back to my door! :thumbs up: That's with the VMblowa discount...

Emulators are 159.00 bucks I think. You don't NEED them though.

Latest posts

Back