front pipe removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
I want to remove my front two header pipes so I can drop my oil pan. I removed the nuts from the head studs, and loosened the set screws where the headers slip onto the the cross-over pipe. But I am unable to get the pipes loose. Any thoughts?

Beat the shit out of it with a rubber mallet. I had to beat the PISS out of my stock exhaust to get the whole thing off. They make that thing SOOOO hard to get off.

I want to remove my front two header pipes so I can drop my oil pan. I removed the nuts from the head studs, and loosened the set screws where the headers slip onto the the cross-over pipe. But I am unable to get the pipes loose. Any thoughts?

Easy start the bike up and I bet the pipes will drop from the exhuast pressure and heat.

Ksnick-by set screws do you mean the 10mm (i think) bolts on the inside of the pipes just before the crossover?
If so, those aren't set screws, they are plugs for the exhaust gas analyzer access.
You need to go farther back and loosen the clamps at the header/muffler connection.

Back