Front Springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbfrommn

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm going to be changing out my steering bearings and figured as long as everything is apart I might as well change the front fork springs. Anyone have a reccommendation on type and where to get them. I don't need high performance as I'm not into any sort of racing, just a weekend cruiser. Something moderatly priced that might be a little better than stock.
Thanks

I put some Progressive springs on front recently for replacing the weak ones of my 91 model. It's all good. I got them on ebay for a good price and it was shipped in 2 weeks oversea. So really not bad.

Race Tech is also another supplier of fork springs for the Vmax. Replacing the stock fork springs is a very popular mod. It will improve front end dive under braking and greatly improve handling too! Both Race Tech and Progressive offer front spring lowering spring kits too. Also, you may want to look into replacing the stock fork emulators with Race Tech's gold emulators to improve on the fork dampening.
I put in the Progressive 2" lowering kit, it looks 100% better IMO and the control is back while braking and cornering! :punk: My lowering spring kit cost me about $110.

Race Tech is also another supplier of fork springs for the Vmax. Replacing the stock fork springs is a very popular mod. It will improve front end dive under braking and greatly improve handling too! Both Race Tech and Progressive offer front spring lowering spring kits too. Also, you may want to look into replacing the stock fork emulators with Race Tech's gold emulators to improve on the fork dampening.
I put in the Progressive 2" lowering kit, it looks 100% better IMO and the control is back while braking and cornering! :punk: My lowering spring kit cost me about $110.

The stock forks don't have emulators so you'd be adding them. I have the full Race-Tech kit and love it. Progressives are also good but I like straight rate springs.

Chris

I made my lowering blocks out of schedule 80 PVC.Was it $110 for the springs and blocks?

Latest posts

Back