Fuel filter replacement....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Midmoraider,
I'll check and see if I cut off the small ends or not in a day or so and post back here.

I looked and I did cut the smaller ends off.
If I remember correctly, I just used a Razor Knife to do it.
It was a nice clean cut.

Thanks Dennis for the suggestion on the NAPA Gold 3011 in-line gas filter replacement. I picked one up for $3.69; better than the $11 + shipping for the Yamaha OEM one. I too used a razor blade to cut off the smaller hose ends... no problem, clean cut.
The 3011 isn't as long as the OEM filter, so I found it's best to remove / connect the hose from the gas tank outlet to the filter first, slide the connected hose / new filter thru the rubber filter holder, then connect the other hose that goes to the carbs. I also ended up using small screw clamps instead of the OEM hose clips, to get a better seal of the hose ends to the new filter. Whole job took 10 min. :eusa_dance:

I just picked one of these NAPA Gold 3011 filters up and I honestly think its very flimsy and dont trust this filter. The OEM stock is more durable material that I would rather use one of that strength or another different aftermarket filter. I'm taking this one back IMHO due to its flimsiness.

Latest posts

Back