Fuel Mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slacker

Reaction score
Whats anyone getting for mileage on their new Max? I flew down to Okla three weeks ago. During the week I was down there, I got 33+ mpg. This included a few times in the triple digits, turning the back tire few and running an avg of 75-85 mph, on 89 or 91 octane, stock. Yes, I was a baaaaaad boy. Day temps ran up to 108.

BTW... Running 44 is a money pit in toles if you're planning on ever traveling it.

21 to 24 from day 1 :huh00000: I can stretch 30+ when I want to..

Mine seems to average right at 34. Depends on how much the boost is used, in town only probably in the 20's, on the highway ???? high 30's maybe.

My Bad, Mine's a Gen 1, Didn't even think to look at yours being Gen 2,,,, Some Day..

I didn't realize the Gen 2's were such hogs on gas...and I thought the Gen 1 could get thirsty. The Motorcycle USA test got about the same....20's on average, maybe squeezing out 30 if riding easy. 80 miles to a tank? Man, that would be a tough bargaining point for me. I routinely do a 90 mile one-way commute on the bike, having to always stop mid-flight would suck.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/258/7...0-Triumph-Rocket-III-Roadster-Comparison.aspx

Gen 1 with a Venture drive, I average between 38-42mpg pretty consistently. A recent ride almost exclusively at 100+ speeds, lots of WOT and almost constant v-boost, I still got 31 when I filled up. Usually around 115-120 to the low fuel light, and it runs dry dead on the road at 155....not that I'd know...heheh.

Though I guess the fuel economy decrease is actually pretty proportionate to the power increase over a Gen 1. Gotta pay to play.

If you're cruising at legal speeds and not agressive with takeoffs, you can safely figure 110 miles on a full tank. Be close to a gas station by then tho.. lol

There are a few versions of aftermarket tanks & some people have made their own. Captn Bob's is setup for 140 miles before fill up..

I have an 89 seems like a total gas hog always make sure I have a lot of cash when I'm out on Mad-Max...I think I'm only getting 20ish if I'm lucky. Riding from Buffalo to Cleavland in a few weeks....May need a fule truck to follow me...LOl.

Had a nice ride a few days ago, fill up to fill up was 41mpg. With some times in the Vboost. I talked with a guy who has an '09. he told me that he's jealous, cause he only gets in the low 30's.

I have about 13,000 miles on mine and would guess high 20's to low 30's most all the time. Strictly highway at the legal limits might be 35mpg..............but where's the fun in that!:eusa_dance:

Thirty miles per HOUR!?!?!

mate you need to let yourself go. Hit that throttle already, there's a whole vboosted warped world waiting for you out there :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200:
LOL. :rofl_200:

I get around 30+ riding two up on the 09. 40+ on the 04 riding solo and do ride a bit aggressive on both. The 09 has so much power compared to the 04, I don't mind the little extra gas......it's worth the money and then some.

Back