G/F wants a bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back when I was around 18 and I tried to teach my girlfriend how to ride on my CR5. I sat on back and basically controlled the bike. Showed her how to steer, clutch, brake, roll on the throttle. I held onto the end of the grips while her hands were there as well. We were in a big open field. We made quite a few passes back and forth until I felt she had seen enough to try it out. I was still on the back but I let go of the bars and told her to take control. We made it about 50' till she cracked the throttle WFO!

The bike instantly flipped over backwards. We both flew of the back. I held onto her and when we went down she had a nice soft landing. She landed square on my chest. Since I was trying to hold onto her I was unable to break my fall in any way. I landed flat on my back and her small 110lb frame felt like a ton when it smashed me. My back was pretty well gouged up.

I didn't see what happened to my bike due to me flying rearward in a horizontal position. When I picked it up I found the rear fender destroyed. The muffler destroyed and packed FULL of dirt that would not come out. The rear wheel got knocked crooked, the chain popped, and I was hurting.

I gave up on teaching her after that. It was worth the memories.

Watching my wife trying to ride her cousins little 50cc dirt bike is even more entertaining. I watched her try to make it through a little trail. First, she dumped it in the middle of a mudpit. Then, going up a little hill she slipped off the back but held onto the bars. Her whole body was off the bike, superman syle. Her stomach rode on the rear fender and tire as she was holding the throttle wide open. If she had the common sense to let go, it would have prevented her from dragging herself into the thorn bushes, knees scraping on the ground, face on the seat, stomach on the tire. Good times!

Back when I was around 18 and I tried to teach my girlfriend how to ride on my CR5. I sat on back and basically controlled the bike. Showed her how to steer, clutch, brake, roll on the throttle. I held onto the end of the grips while her hands were there as well. We were in a big open field. We made quite a few passes back and forth until I felt she had seen enough to try it out. I was still on the back but I let go of the bars and told her to take control. We made it about 50' till she cracked the throttle WFO!

The bike instantly flipped over backwards. We both flew of the back. I held onto her and when we went down she had a nice soft landing. She landed square on my chest. Since I was trying to hold onto her I was unable to break my fall in any way. I landed flat on my back and her small 110lb frame felt like a ton when it smashed me. My back was pretty well gouged up.

I didn't see what happened to my bike due to me flying rearward in a horizontal position. When I picked it up I found the rear fender destroyed. The muffler destroyed and packed FULL of dirt that would not come out. The rear wheel got knocked crooked, the chain popped, and I was hurting.

I gave up on teaching her after that. It was worth the memories.

Watching my wife trying to ride her cousins little 50cc dirt bike is even more entertaining. I watched her try to make it through a little trail. First, she dumped it in the middle of a mudpit. Then, going up a little hill she slipped off the back but held onto the bars. Her whole body was off the bike, superman syle. Her stomach rode on the rear fender and tire as she was holding the throttle wide open. If she had the common sense to let go, it would have prevented her from dragging herself into the thorn bushes, knees scraping on the ground, face on the seat, stomach on the tire. Good times!

Gotta respect the throttle on a 500cc 2 stroke - easiest way in the world to get way over your head in one big hurry. Lots of fun though - I wouldn't mind a CR500AF, they take the aluminum framed 250 with great suspension and drop the 500 motor in there. Maybe someday.

It's amazing how some people just can't let go of the throttle - it always amazing me when somebody says "I just couldn't stop." When asked about letting off the throttle you'll get something like "I couldn't." Good argument for starting with minimal power I guess.

I wouldn't mind a CR500AF, they take the aluminum framed 250 with great suspension and drop the 500 motor in there. Maybe someday.

The ultimate bike! I have read a lot about the conversions on a couple different CR5 forums. They do it with a few different chassis. I have even seen pics of a YZ250 and a KTM with CR5 motors. I would love to have one but honestly, I can't justify the cost. I rarely get out on the dirt bike anymore so just keeping it running is enough out of my pocket let alone a couple grand to convert it. Or worse, buying a new one from Service Honda. Their prices are insane!

The ultimate bike! I have read a lot about the conversions on a couple different CR5 forums. They do it with a few different chassis. I have even seen pics of a YZ250 and a KTM with CR5 motors. I would love to have one but honestly, I can't justify the cost. I rarely get out on the dirt bike anymore so just keeping it running is enough out of my pocket let alone a couple grand to convert it. Or worse, buying a new one from Service Honda. Their prices are insane!

Yea, the Service Honda is like $10k+, totally ludicrous. I think as much as I'd like to get another dirt-bike (been out of that seen for 3-4yrs now) I will probably end up with a sport quad next. My wife will ride quads all day, so that's a big driving factor, and all my buddies ride quads - so being out on a bike is boring, you just smoke anybody, can climb any hill, and its just generally not as awesome when you're the only one, at least if your on a quad things can be competitive. I'd really like to drop a 500 motor into a TRX or YFZ chassis, that would be a fun ride.

That is a great idea. I have been trying to teach my wife to ride her sisters ttr225 but now realize I've been going about this all wrong. I need to get her on my CR5 after I do some "mods" :rofl_200:

Throttle control. its all about throttle control.

A 500 CC two strike MX bike has a powerband hit that makes the V-Max seem like its been fed valium.
Of course if a throttle won't return to the closed position due to some type of mechanical issue, or lack of maintanance, this is a skill that may prove difficult if not impossible to acquire. I will leave it to each of you to decide whether this is a possitive or a negative situation. If she is on the fence I would suggest a few cocktails to help sort out the decision.

image.php

"Toecutter, have you seen Johnny the Boy?"
"Nightrider, last I saw him he was giving me a hand, haven't seen him since."
"'Cause I wanna lay a trap for Max!"

A 500cc two-stroke is like a 3" barrel .44 Magnum-hard to control, impressive to look at, and better-off left alone. Even "Super-Hunky" was in-fear of his 490 Maico. Giving anyone a 500 cc two-stroke is an insidious trap with impending dire consequences once it's running. If anyone offers you a ride on one, "run-away!"

i I WISH MY WIFE WANTED A MOTORCYCLE ! .. I'D BUY HER A " NITRO HARLEY " WITH NO BRAKES ! .. :biglaugh: . :rofl_200: . :confused2:
i I THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT A RUSH IT WOULD BE , TO SPEND ALL DAY TUNING THE BIKE FOR A RECORD SETTING RUN , THEN AFTER HER BURNOUT , PULLING THE BIKE BACK-WARDS AND MAKING SURE ITS PERFECTLY LINED UP IN THE GROVE , REACH DOWN AND TURN ON THE SECONDARY PUMP , AND AT THIS MOMENT , IT WOULD BE LIKE A HOT FLASH , REACH OVER WITH SNIPS AND CUT THE BRAKE HOSE , GIVE HER A " SMACK " ON THE ASS ONE LAST TIME , AND TRY NOT TO SMILE ! . :biglaugh:

why dont you tell us how you really feel CR hahahahah, dont think you can hold back a smile that big no matter what lol

why don't you tell us how you really feel CR hahahahah, don't think you can hold back a smile that big no matter what lol
i YEAH , I'D PROBABLY HAVE TO WEAR A FULL FACE HELMET STANDING THERE ON THE STARTING LINE TO HIDE MY SMILE , PLUS , I'M NOT MUCH OF AN ACTOR SO HOW COULD I ACT SAD AT THE TROPHY PRESENTATION WHEN I ACCEPT THE CHECK ? .. ON HER BEHALF OF COURSE ! .. :biglaugh::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back