Gen 2 Marks Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
Looking for any opinions or experience. I am looking to buy a Gen 2. Discounted in price due to some crate damage on the exhaust.

I am looking at marks slip on mufflers and looking for feedback on the sound. I currently have a gen 1 with a jerker completion baffle and while I think it sounds phenomenal I am looking to keep the gen 2 a little more quiet.

Just looking at first to get the slips on muffler not the collector. Any comments on how these sound in comparison to the kerker 2.5"?

I don't think the sound is going to be much different if you don't change the cat off the bike. There isn't much to the stock mufflers anyway.

Jeff (Kosrider) has a 2010 with Marks cans and I believe an X pipe (cat replacement) and it sounds very nice. To me it even sounds a little like my '92's full Marks exhaust (12" 2.25" opening) just a little quieter. I'm not sure how much Jeff is on here anymore since I haven't seen any post by him lately but a PM may get his email.

anyone got a video of a gen two with marks slip ons.....they look pretty neat, wonder on the tones.
brian ya say its got a similar sound vs the gen 1? love the sound of his full exhaust on a gen 1, the gen 2 is missing lots in that department at idle

anyone got a video of a gen two with marks slip ons.....they look pretty neat, wonder on the tones.
brian ya say its got a similar sound vs the gen 1? love the sound of his full exhaust on a gen 1, the gen 2 is missing lots in that department at idle
I rode with Jeff at Thunder where I rode behind him and riding in the parking lot; it sounded great but I think the Gen 2 sounds a lot like the Gen 1 with stock exhaust (at least to me, ymmv). He also let me ride it but I couldn't hear anything as I enjoyed the massive rush of acceleration!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the input. Got to the dealership and the damaged bike was already sold so I ended up with a new one in mint condition. Well it's not even out of the crate yet. I think I got a steal on it. Now to see how this bike gets modded.

Bet they'd sound pretty sweet with your OC mid-pipe! :punk:

thanks for the video....sounds pretty cool.
hey Dan wonder what that would sound like on the taconic sound test area lol

unfortunately mark isn't making the mufflers. not enough sales....sucks i like the four muffler look and stock mufflers arent cutting it for me. its effecting my fuel mileage....lol

I don't think the sound is going to be much different if you don't change the cat off the bike. There isn't much to the stock mufflers anyway.

Sean,
Do you sell any kits for the Gen 2 ( 2015 ) to shorten up the back fender keeping the directional,stop light and plate holder.

Ron

unfortunately mark isn't making the mufflers. not enough sales....sucks i like the four muffler look and stock mufflers arent cutting it for me. its effecting my fuel mileage....lol

I agree it sucks he made some nice sounding pipes. I had a set on my last Gen 1 a 2007 too bad he isn't still selling them. I think if more bought his exhaust they would have loved them as I did. He would have had plenty of sales if people tried him out.

Got a idea talking with brc the other day....wonder if I could fit 4 marks mufflers off a Gen 1 onto the Gen 2....need a y collector of some sort.

Back