Gen1 cover?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t0lkien

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a cover for the Gen 1, and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for one that fits and is of reasonable quality?

My wife bought me a Yamaha Gen II. Cover, super nice and great quality. Has Vmax on both sides.

Its bigger than it needs to be, ok by me.

I got one of the Bilt covers on sale from Cycle Gear. It was about 1/2-price. I also have a Dowco for another bike which is also a good one. I think they have different qualities, I think the one I have is a upper-level, it's held-up well for a couple of years.
Addendum: I checked and mine is also the Dowco Guardian, a very satisfactory product.

I saw a guy selling a CL offering & he said it was a H-D, $200 supposed cost & when I went to see it, I wouldn't have paid $25 for it. it was a nylon taffeta unlined dust cover, very thin, a waste of time. Caveat emptor!

Last edited:
I use a cheapazz dust cover same as tons available for purchase off Ebay for under $25.00. It has the heat resistant panels down along where the pipes are. It's been with me 28 years. But I only use it normally in my garage, and seldom need to use it outdoors.

I use a Dowco Guardian cover, size large. Fits perfectly and pretty tough. I have been using it outdoors for about the last 4 months here in hot, salty Corpus Christi, TX and it still looks new. Still waterproof too.

Back