Get a new '07 Max for $8499

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's an outrageously low price, if legit. The only thing that would concern me is their 96% approval rating. But, how much can they screw up a new bike? Definitely worth a plane ride down to pick it up. Heck, I saw an '05 with 10k on eBay today with a Buy It Now prices of $8,500.

Tom

There are a lot of scams going down in the Bike trader.Bikes priced so low that they are too good to be true.I know of a busa for $3600 that has been in it for 3 months.The guy claims it is in England but he will ship it included in the price. Ya right!

Watch your ass!

There are a lot of scams going down in the Bike trader.Bikes priced so low that they are too good to be true.I know of a busa for $3600 that has been in it for 3 months.The guy claims it is in England but he will ship it included in the price. Ya right!

Watch your ass!

Scams in both directions.
I listed a $9295 Aprilia on CycleTrade, 1 of the scams went like this.

"My buyer will take your Aprilia. I will send you a casher's check for $15000.
Cash the check and give the delivery driver the remainder, this will pay for the cycle and delivery expenses."

I worked with him a little here's his email [email protected] .
I tried to get him to send the check then NOT CASH IT and wait for the delivery truck and say " motrocycle ? what motorcycle?

I was hopping for 1 of the following.

A: he gets a bill for sending a truck to the wrong address.
B: If it's Mr manderson ask him to lie down in my garage till the cops get here.

After a few emails he figured out that he was dumber than me and went away, O WELL maybe next time.

ab

I had a guy who WAS interested in buying my other vmax until, told me today that he found a brand new, still in crate for 8499.00 at a dealer somewhere in Iowa.

The dealer in Iowa was a bogus deal. I asked my bro-in-law to verify the dealer and location. No such place. Now the website is gone. They're getting better.

I do know of a few new 07's here at dealerships in Iowa, when I was looking last fall I almost had them talked down to $8000 + taxes, title, set-up.... I think that may have been a new 06, but I'm not sure. I told them I would do it.... $8000 for everything, and I'll hand the cash over now. They couldn't do it, so I walked away and ended up getting a used 02 for just over $4k. So far I have been happy with my decision. I did tell my wife I was going to spend $15k on a new bike and she about killed me with her eyes... guess that one is out of the question.

I do know of a few new 07's here at dealerships in Iowa, when I was looking last fall I almost had them talked down to $8000 + taxes, title, set-up.... I think that may have been a new 06, but I'm not sure. I told them I would do it.... $8000 for everything, and I'll hand the cash over now. They couldn't do it, so I walked away and ended up getting a used 02 for just over $4k. So far I have been happy with my decision. I did tell my wife I was going to spend $15k on a new bike and she about killed me with her eyes... guess that one is out of the question.

Ohh Boy! You messed up... Now you have to get permission to buy one.
You should have just pulled up in the driveway with one and with a giddy school boy grin say, Look What I just GOT! :biglaugh:

Ohh Boy! You messed up... Now you have to get permission to buy one.
You should have just pulled up in the driveway with one and with a giddy school boy grin say, Look What I just GOT! :biglaugh:

Aparently you haven't met my wife... sweetest person in the world, and would do anything for anyone.... that is until I do something like bring home a new bike..... then the stuff hits the fan.... WW III in Washington, Iowa!

Aparently you haven't met my wife... sweetest person in the world, and would do anything for anyone.... that is until I do something like bring home a new bike..... then the stuff hits the fan.... WW III in Washington, Iowa!

I know Hubee...
I was just teasin! As a Single guy. I have never been suckered... err... ahh... I mean met the right woman to give up my freedom to! :biglaugh:

Jeff where are the 07's at? I have a friend looking at an '05 they were going to let go for 8200 or so, but a brand new one may sway him to buy if it's got 0 miles.

Jeff where are the 07's at? I have a friend looking at an '05 they were going to let go for 8200 or so, but a brand new one may sway him to buy if it's got 0 miles.

http://www.mcgrathpowersports.com/default.asp

The sales guy I spoke with was Lenny... I would try to avoid him, but I would go in there with the plan on talking them down to around $8k and then find out what taxes, title, set-up, will be... I'm guessing it will be anywhere from $8.5k to $9k by the time it is all said and done.

Jeff

If this new V-Max does indeed come out, there are going to be alot of deals and steals in used bikes as guys scramble to put the money together for a new one.

Man, I really would like a new one to park next to my '85.

Mike

Picked mine up for 10k, plus I got the various scratches for free with the crappy setup. Man all they had to do was put on mirrors and a front wheel. Damn place will not even return my emails. All I want is a new brake mater cyld and mirrors. they screwed both.

BeerBellyBill,
It's amazing the difference a shop that gives a sh*t makes, huh? I have trailered my 92 for 4 hours to take it to a "real" shop in Boise. There are several local/closer dealerships that will NEVER touch my bike. It sounds like you found one of them too.

Latest posts

Back