GF wants a new cruiser. What would keep up with the max best?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's about 5'6", but short-legged. I sat on a M109, and a Vrod, this weekend, and the controls are too far forward, and tucked in for me to ride comfortably, let alone her, and I am 5'9".

Would need to be a "street rod" or "night rod model". pegs are below seat on those models.

She can't get a HD beause she wants to go FASTER than a Vulcan 500...:biglaugh:
tonight is not my night :ummm:...half the fun is looking around...so many left over new 07 08 bikes out there great time to buy if looking new

riding a vrod doesnt feel like you're riding a harley or cookie-cutter.

street rod definately. rode one with forward controls and just feel sort of folded. street rod would have pretty low handlebars and give you more of a sport-bike lean. the night rod or "VRSCD" has longer bars and standard foot controls for a very comfortable seating position. they also come with highway pegs if she wants to flip them out. and for around 110rwhp, she'll keep right up with you for the most part.

What does SHE want?

If she says she wants a bigger bike, and is capable of handling one, then surely she can (and probably has) done some research and knows what she'd like to sit, or ride, and buy?

Please remind the dear lady that she does NOT have to be flat-footed on a bike. If the balls of her feet are touching the ground, then she is in control of the machine. There are a lot of unfortunate underpowered riding women (and men) out there who still think they must flat-foot a motorcycle in order to ride it.
I used to flat-foot the Vmax, then I put on the Corbin. Now I can't flat-foot it but I can certainly control it as well as ever, and I sure ain't going back to the stock seat.

What does SHE say???

Well we are just in the beginning stages of shopping around, and she don't know what she wants yet. I am just trying to get some ideas to throw at her. We are going to go to a pretty big dealership pretty soon and I am going to make her sit on every bike they have (like I did last time) to give her some idea of what she wants and what she thinks she can handle.

At first, she wanted a big bagger with lots and lots of CHROME. That is, until I made her polish all of her bikes chrome by herself. Now she is not so sure. :biglaugh:

My lady friend rides a 800 Marauder. I have to slow down every once in a while, but she keeps up pretty well unless I decide to act stupid.
The little thing is light and nimble, has good brakes, and inverted forks that make it handle really well.

We just got back from a camping trip, and she kept up pretty well even in the rain and gloom. They're nice little scoots!

If she wants a cruiser the new V-Star 950 would be hard to beat.
It's injected low and will run with the V-star 1100. Last If i remember
correctly you can pick up a new one for about $8500 and for about
$500 - $1000 more you can get the tour version that comes with
locking saddlebags, windshield and backrest.
Good luck let the fun continue,
Chris

I not sure if it is about what will keep up with the Max. Most bikes are capable of keeping with as long as you are not gunning it/racing everytime you go out. If she is a new rider hopefully you arent pushing her beyond her limits and what she feels comfortable with.

I second the VStar 950. She probably wont grow out of it and as long as you arent trying to race she will have plenty of bike to keep up with you.

Well, I don't TRY to run off and leave her, but there were some times when we we in the hills of North Arkansas, when I had to catch myself from passing slow moving traffic, to make sure sure she had room to spool up her engine to slingshot past them. Plus we went to Dallas a few week ago, and at Texas highway speed, she was running the mice ragged.

Were most my vtwin buddies have a hard time keeping up is in the traffic and passing on hills(mainly single lane curvy highways). The vmax passes and moves around pretty effortless in alot of cases. Especialy in the hills. I have to slow myself down from time to time ..with the exception of my friend on his buel 12R. He weights about 150 and rides the wheels off of it.

My lady friend rides a 800 Marauder. I have to slow down every once in a while, but she keeps up pretty well unless I decide to act stupid.
The little thing is light and nimble, has good brakes, and inverted forks that make it handle really well.

We just got back from a camping trip, and she kept up pretty well even in the rain and gloom. They're nice little scoots!

my buddie's 800 marauder is a turd. i have a feeling the 500 would keep up with it. something like the new Gladius or like what someone else said, the Versys. i would have her look at a Super Magna. shaft drive, 6spd, decent power compared to big displacement twins, and cool looks. wont be passing you at gas stations, though.

My wife went from a Kaw 500 something or other right onto a 2006 Suzuki C90T 1500 Boulevard. It came with saddle bags, and has an added light bar and highway pegs. Black in color.

IT IS POSSIBLY FOR SALE NOW.

We went to a Valkyrie rally in Cheaha, Alabama a couple weeks ago and now she wants a Valk.

If you/your wife is interested in a Boulevard, we could probably meet to show it in Eureka Springs, or we occasionally get as far south in AR as Devils' Den.

PM me if you'd be interested.

dont let her feel a harley she wont need you anymore ...:punk:...road stars might be a nice fit

Back