Gonna Need therapy now

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Well im not sure what im gonna do now.... I ended up at the yamaha shop talking to the guys there, wasting time and to go check out the 09 max they have sitting around. and what happened next only took about a nanosecond. Owner asked me if i rode my vmax there and i said yup, so then he said well you have your gear so do you want to take the 09 gen 2 for a ride? well it only took a blink of a eye and I said HELL YA!!!!!:punk: well he said it needed fuel to go put some in and all I can say is HOLY *$&% that bike is crazy fun........ its super smooth, rides nice, i like the slightly taller height, wider feel, lighter feel even thou its heavier. and i have a permanent grin that wont come off my face, i was gitty with the power of this beast.

so now what do i do, i went back to the shop and they were all laughing cause they know how stupidly powerful this thing is. I offered my first unborn to them and said where do i sign :bang head: this thing is super addictive i mean its got tons of power. I jumped on my 97 and held it wide open for 4 gears and think i fell asleep.... i mean its not even close to the same animal.

so now how do you forget something like that, im wrecked now i need more power!!!!!!! smoother ride, sweet intake sound, super good brakes and able to cruise at 200km and not even know it.......:biglaugh::biglaugh: im finished now, wrecked, spoiled talk about being roped in, man they are evil at that shop.

thats why Im not taking one for a ride untill Its in my name! 95 seats to go!

Thats like the bait and switch tactic. Now they planted that 09 in your brain and its not going to go away. You will ponder upon this test ride every time you go out for a ride on your 97 now. Its going to eat you up alive. Mod monkey, hell!!! You wont be able to achieve that kinda performance on your 97 as you just had on a bare stock 09.

Good luck and may g-d be with you...........

PS - If a dealership did that to me with a 2010, I'd be too persuaded to trade up from my 05! I feel the pain.........

Luckily the Yamaha Dealer here doesn't allow test rides even if one were to come in used... So I guess I'll be happy with my 94 for a few more years. Whoever's riding my Gen II now, please take good care of her till I can match up the money with the price you'll be asking.:biglaugh:

I made the mistake of calling the Daytona Fun Machines dealership when I was in Daytona on business..... "Just" to see if they "happen" to have a Gen II... of course they did.... I resisted the urge to go look at it..... well...... I left the dealer so damn horny for the bike, I could not stand it... It ate on me for about 4 days... I was having night sweats, trouble sleeping etc.. ;) I now am a proud owner of a 0 mile (when bought) 2010 Gen II. What an awesome machine. I look forward everyday going in to work and back just to ride the 22 miles each way.

they have been bugging me since they got it and frankly not even in the ball park for me to afford. They do not even let people sit on it in the showroom. So now since no-one has bought it(real small population here) they have takin' it out to a couple of show and shines last couple of years and they dont let people test drive a bike like this, you have to buy it. I know them pretty well and i have never asked to ride it, I guess they feel like they can trust me now and offered, wow what a mistake on my part. That dam monkey hits you from all angles all the time, dam that monkey dam him to hell. :knife:

Aw, yer all done Ro!! Hooked, cooked and your payment book is being printed as we speak!! :biglaugh:

But what about us....your "Stateside Riding Buddies?" You'll be showing up with your new '09....prolly at the Pizza/Wings/Ribs Run in September....and the virus will spread....and spread.....and SPREAD!!

We'll all be contaminated, poor ol' retired geezers like me will have to rush out to buy one....prolly a '10, cause that's the way I am.....It'll be just awful! :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Wait a minute.....a perfect, tailormade excuse to get a Gen II....I may have over-reacted!! Upon closer inspection there doesn't appear to be a downside to this scenario.....do it man, GET IT QUICK!! :clapping::clapping::punk::clapping::clapping:

Just a thought but, doesn't Nomad Air need a 'rapid response vehicle' for job site inspection.........hmmmmm?? :hmmm::whistlin::hmmm:

What is the cheapest any of your guys have seen the Gen 2's going out the door for? I am always considering new ways of making my life more complicated and this seems like a wonderful revelation. However I was very turned off by the asking price when I looked at one last year.

How do I make the madness stop??? Where does it end guys! Do I give in to the monkey for the gen 1 or take the chance that I will be strong enough to manitain a stock bike with the gen 2. I am considering leasing out my house and moving into the garage to cover costs but my wife and kids are having an issue with the idea. Oh well, I am sure they will come around?? Advice please!

Aw, yer all done Ro!! Hooked, cooked and your payment book is being printed as we speak!! :biglaugh:

But what about us....your "Stateside Riding Buddies?" You'll be showing up with your new '09....prolly at the Pizza/Wings/Ribs Run in September....and the virus will spread....and spread.....and SPREAD!!

We'll all be contaminated, poor ol' retired geezers like me will have to rush out to buy one....prolly a '10, cause that's the way I am.....It'll be just awful! :bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Wait a minute.....a perfect, tailormade excuse to get a Gen II....I may have over-reacted!! Upon closer inspection there doesn't appear to be a downside to this scenario.....do it man, GET IT QUICK!! :clapping::clapping::punk::clapping::clapping:

Just a thought but, doesn't Nomad Air need a 'rapid response vehicle' for job site inspection.........hmmmmm?? :hmmm::whistlin::hmmm:[
/QUOTE]

well well well i like the way you think Dan-O i like it.........

i figured since garrett got me to PC everything on my bike black, and you well you got me putting NOS on my bikes i thought i can only repay you two by bringing a 09 "V3 one day" to you guys to let the infection of the monkey spread among my friends.( for those that havent heard i have a theory that the MM is actually your friends with vmax's that plant ideas in your head and gang up on you and watch you suffer just for fun..... bastard so only way i can contribute to this is bring a gen 2 to the party)

but Dan wont be this yrs ride:bang head:.......i think :confused2: you never know :rofl_200:

Dan its such a nice ride, just to cruise forget about the stupid power available at a flick of the wrist. But if i ever got one there are lots of components i would chg that i dont like the look of/styling, still the Gen 1 is closer to my heart for thrill factor. Hard to get excited about FI vs Carbs. But if you ever need to have your heart reset or jump started, get on a Gen 2 and grab a full wrist twist and see what happens :rofl_200::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: guaranteed not to disappoint.

What is the cheapest any of your guys have seen the Gen 2's going out the door for? I am always considering new ways of making my life more complicated and this seems like a wonderful revelation. However I was very turned off by the asking price when I looked at one last year.

How do I make the madness stop??? Where does it end guys! Do I give in to the monkey for the gen 1 or take the chance that I will be strong enough to manitain a stock bike with the gen 2. I am considering leasing out my house and moving into the garage to cover costs but my wife and kids are having an issue with the idea. Oh well, I am sure they will come around?? Advice please!

Lease the house!! :rofl_200:

Just a thought but, doesn't Nomad Air need a 'rapid response vehicle' for job site inspection.........hmmmmm?? :hmmm::whistlin::hmmm:[/QUOTE]

well well well i like the way you think Dan-O i like it.........

i figured since garrett got me to PC everything on my bike black, and you well you got me putting NOS on my bikes i thought i can only repay you two by bringing a 09 "V3 one day" to you guys to let the infection of the monkey spread among my friends.( for those that havent heard i have a theory that the MM is actually your friends with vmax's that plant ideas in your head and gang up on you and watch you suffer just for fun..... bastard so only way i can contribute to this is bring a gen 2 to the party)

but Dan wont be this yrs ride:bang head:.......i think :confused2: you never know :rofl_200:

Dan its such a nice ride, just to cruise forget about the stupid power available at a flick of the wrist. But if i ever got one there are lots of components i would chg that i dont like the look of/styling, still the Gen 1 is closer to my heart for thrill factor. Hard to get excited about FI vs Carbs. But if you ever need to have your heart reset or jump started, get on a Gen 2 and grab a full wrist twist and see what happens :rofl_200::eusa_dance::eusa_dance: guaranteed not to disappoint.

How about FI with NITROUS.....ey??.....I'm just saying!!

Just let this roll off yer tongue....GenII, FI, NOS.....it's a whole new language!!!

How about FI with NITROUS.....ey??.....I'm just saying!!

Dam you Danny dam youuuuuu :blink000::bang head:

your right, again. i just need to learn the TPS program to reprogram it to work the way i like it, all FI bikes i drove always have this ever so slight off throttle gap non smooth transition that pisses me off, guess just hold wide open to solve that right hahahahaha.
:ummm: they didnt say no to my offer yet... i wonder :hmmm:

Dam you Danny dam youuuuuu :blink000::bang head:

your right, again. i just need to learn the TPS program to reprogram it to work the way i like it, all FI bikes i drove always have this ever so slight off throttle gap non smooth transition that pisses me off, guess just hold wide open to solve that right hahahahaha.
:ummm: they didnt say no to my offer yet... i wonder :hmmm:

[/COLOR]

Haha!! I rest my case!! Can't wait to see it this fall!!:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

There was reason the dealer had to put gas in the tank. I read it gets about 27 Mpg. That's times 3.9 gallon tank. I'm getting 41 right now on my 88' and it still bugs me that every time I'm getting in the groove on along ride that the fuel light comes on.

Ive got a plan ! its called wait untill it comes out in the color I want!and then......... well Ive got a plan started.

There was reason the dealer had to put gas in the tank. I read it gets about 27 Mpg. That's times 3.9 gallon tank. I'm getting 41 right now on my 88' and it still bugs me that every time I'm getting in the groove on along ride that the fuel light comes on.

There gonna hate me for this BUT.......if everybody in the group had a Gen II, then everybody'd be gassing up at the same time....it would soon seem normal!! :biglaugh:

Some pretty serious buying/bargaining power in the 'Nor'Easters' group too, don't ya think?? :punk::punk:

:biglaugh:Irish logic.....at it's best!!!:biglaugh:
:th_smilie::th_smilie::th_smilie:

im with ya man, i just had a nightmare about a gen 2 again the other night, in my dream i was at the local body shop turning the key on and off so everyone could hear the boost over and over. i have no idea why i didnt ride it in my dream i was kinda upset when i woke up

How fast will the used price come down?:confused2:

I'm with your thought rebar. I can't justify the new price. It's more than my truck cost. Till the prices come down on used Gen II's I'll have to work on wearing my Gen 1 out. So somebody out there's riding my next bike now.

Back