Gonna try racing tonight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer I was hoping to see a low 10.

Gonna try to figure it out here in a bit, I bought the nitrous kit used and the solenoids are very old so they might need rebuilt but I have a theory that the rpm window switch is messing things up so I'm going to bypass it and test to see if the solenoids are pulsing. I hope the window switch works cause that is one of the main reasons I bought that unit, that way if something breaks (driveshaft) the nitrous shuts off before the rev limiter.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hope u find out whats going on scott. Been wIting to see your dragstrip post all year.

Thanks Mike I'm pretty sure I know the issue now. Unhooked the bottle and disconnected the fuel lines from the fogger nozzles and ran them into a container, then I disconnected the tach lead to bypass the window switch, hit my wot microswitch and everything pulsed just the way it should. Then I hooked the tach lead back up and reprogrammed the window switch to allow it to work at 1200 rpm and fired the bike up and tried it again and the solenoids are still pulsing at first just the way they should. I'm figuring that everything is working right with no nitrous pressure but as soon as you get 1000psi on it the nitrous solenoid isn't working right (its damn old) so I'm going to order a rebuild kit for it. At least now I know that the electronics side of things are working the way it should so hopefully I can get back to the track in a couple weeks and see if I can put down a good number.

Nice pass brother!

Thanks Todd, air shifter wouldn't hit 5'th on the juice for some reason so this next time I'm gonna do a quick throttle chop just enough to disengage the nitrous and shift into 5'th. I probably would have went 134mph or so if I would have gotten it into 5'th gear, that was with the old setup though so now I'm thinking it'll go about 138 or so through the top end. Not to bad for a fat guy! lol

When I lived in SW MI in the '60's & early '70's, I liked visiting US131 Martin Dragway. I never raced there, I never had anything to race there.:confused2:

It was always fun to attend, and one of the lasting memories I have is attending a fall evening meet w/my oldest brother who has since died of CA. One car I recall that night which I was watching w/anticipation was an OPEL Kadett w/a Buick engine in it, but he blew something in the drivetrain on the launch, and there was a delay while they removed the oil.

The bike sounded pretty-healthy, and you got a good holeshot on him. I hope you can get in a couple more days racing before the end of the season, you should be able-to, and we all like to read of-'em. :clapping:

Thanks guys I appreciate the encouragement :) Martin is actually a really nice track now, they completely redid it back about 10 years ago, they race till midnight on Friday night test & tune.

Back