Good deal on 09

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a pretty decent price to me. I honestly think the guy probably bought it and it scared the hell out of him. My Gen one does that to me at times and I'm 58. I still love speed though, in 4 years, I may cool my jets too.

Dave

How much longer before we start seeing GenIIs inthe 10 k price range? That's what I am waiting for. Would also consider a "salvage" bike just to get in the game! Haven't seen any on eBay, have you?

Sorry... I don't talk to people from Illinois.

Way to keep it real old man. I just thought since you felt it relevant to insult Chaver450 on his deal I figure that you cold impress and delight everyone with the amazing deal you got on your gen 2. Perhaps you could teach us all a lesson on how to buy? Love you!

i think 14 is a great price. i would hope the value on these bikes hasn't gone down as much as "nobody" would suggest.

i love the bike by the way. i ordered my wife the corbin seat and backrest as well as the front and rear peg relocators and am looking forward to some long rides this fall. i also got the scala G4 communicators, hope those work as advertised.

next addition will be forward pegs that i saw on the starvmax forum... looks very comfy.

im honestly putting my gen2 dreams on hold until the economy gets better. its still a possibility though i can somewhat justify the cost because i commute,entertain, and whatever joy ride on it. so its everything in one heh

its still a fine price for only 2 wheels

sadly these are the offers i get.

"I'm xxxxxx from xxxxx, I want your bike... only have $2,500 cash
Any ideas? What can I do? Or $1,900 and a Colt 1911.

Just don't have enough to get to that 4,000 dollar mark, still need to purchse a helmet, riding gear like gloves and a jacket, insurance, plates, and title fees, taxes are gonna kill me on this one :-("

sadly these are the offers i get.

"I'm xxxxxx from xxxxx, I want your bike... only have $2,500 cash
Any ideas? What can I do? Or $1,900 and a Colt 1911.

Just don't have enough to get to that 4,000 dollar mark, still need to purchse a helmet, riding gear like gloves and a jacket, insurance, plates, and title fees, taxes are gonna kill me on this one :-("

Ya Mattness it always seems like when you want to sell the most the deal is slow in comming but when you dont need it someone is offering top dollar. Are you actively listing on Craigslist?

BTW, congrats on the new bike Chaver!

Ya Mattness it always seems like when you want to sell the most the deal is slow in comming but when you dont need it someone is offering top dollar. Are you actively listing on Craigslist?

BTW, congrats on the new bike Chaver!

ya i start high and let them lowball me down, but some of these are ridiculous

i think 14 is a great price. i would hope the value on these bikes hasn't gone down as much as "nobody" would suggest.

i love the bike by the way. i ordered my wife the corbin seat and backrest as well as the front and rear peg relocators and am looking forward to some long rides this fall. i also got the scala G4 communicators, hope those work as advertised.

next addition will be forward pegs that i saw on the starvmax forum... looks very comfy.

It's called deprecation. 30% on bikes and cars the minute it leaves the show room. Soo lets do the math....

2009 VMax MSRP $17000 / 30% = $11,900. That's the price you should be paying for the bike. Now if it has some extras that you will buy anyway then you would pay a little more for it, but stock with less that 1000 miles and anything over $11,900 is over paying. IMHO.:confused2:

Last edited:
Back