Good News Hopefully for Some

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikemax04

Reaction score
This comes from a member of the Yahoo list.

"Hi guys,
For those interested, and following the hoopla about the new V-Max, the concept bike (as seen before) has been unveiled today for the members of the press, in Long Beach, by Yamaha USA.
Paul Czernics, and Kelvin Lane, representing the VMOA, were invited by Yamaha USA for the unveiling of the bike, at the Convention Center in Long Beach, California.

Mario"

I talked to Paul last night.He says it is just a plastic model.

Ibrahim,you should go over to the show and check it out.You could also meet Kelvin and Paul.Long beach California.

Shawn, wanna go? :)

Ibrahim, email Kelvin. Both he and Paul are great guys.

I personally do not care much about the new vmax.I did wonder if we could get them from University motors for 15%over cost.That would be cool.Fly in and ride the bike home.I doubt I will be buying one very much.

What date ? and location , I would love to go and see it, may be take some photos.

I did see it before in Santa Monica , the real bike! cost me $200 for a speeding ticket. no one believed me when I posted that.

shawn kloker said:
I talked to Paul last night.He says it is just a plastic model.

Ibrahim,you should go over to the show and check it out.You could also meet Kelvin and Paul.Long beach California.

It was last weekend.I see it on the schedule,Cycle World Bike Show.I wish that you would have went and met Paul there.I also told him to watch for you there.

Last edited:
Watch this link; interview at show with Yamaha press man for North America.
They don't really say but the thing IS coming in one form or another for sure.
They also wimped out and are using the STAR insignia and emphasizing that it is part of the star lineup.

Hell they could call it the V-pussy or the V-powderpuff for all I care; if it comes out looking as good or better than the concept and has at least 170hp I WILL buy one.

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=242

wfcall said:
Watch this link; interview at show with Yamaha press man for North America.
They don't really say but the thing IS coming in one form or another for sure.
They also wimped out and are using the STAR insignia and emphasizing that it is part of the star lineup.

Hell they could call it the V-pussy or the V-powderpuff for all I care; if it comes out looking as good or better than the concept and has at least 170hp I WILL buy one.

http://www.cycleworld.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=242
Amen, brother, AMEN. Lets see:

200+hp
Radials all around
Gear indicator
6 speed or 5th gear overdrive
Lot less weight
Much more stable front end
ABS......gotta love it
One bad ass look
One bad ass sound
One bad ass bike

i just wonder what the cost will be. When I see that Roadliner coming out at 13 I only imagine the max will be more

I would say ~15k, more with options, I hope they would offer a turbo option, abs, linked brakes and electronically adjusted suspension like BMW has

KRL0215 said:
i just wonder what the cost will be. When I see that Roadliner coming out at 13 I only imagine the max will be more

firefly said:
I would say ~15k, more with options, I hope they would offer a turbo option, abs, linked brakes and electronically adjusted suspension like BMW has

Turbo's make anything they're put on sound like a boat motor.

Put a supercharger on it.:eusa_dance:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back